“high quality and a great view”
Review of Old Oyster Factory

Old Oyster Factory
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Oyster Factory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Matthews Drive
Description: The Old Oyster Factory is Hilton Head's premier waterfront dining destination. Enjoy local seafood, hand-cut steaks and amazing water views from every table.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

A highly recommended restaurant by a few locals so we decided to give it a try. My husband who is a oyster critic had to try the selection of oysters on the oyster sampler. I love lox so i tried the smoked salmon that the server recommended. Jason recommended a glass of wine to enhance our experience. I usually just drink chardonnay but he convinced me to try another which i enjoyed. Both were great! I have eaten scallops all week and wish i waited for the dish here. By far the best i have ever eaten! Impressed by everything we had to try the homeade chocolate mousse topped with whip cream and fresh fruit. The view is definetly a rare find and the staff is friendly from entry to exit. Overall 10+ out of 10

1  Thank janet r

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I recently dined at Old Oyster Factory while on vacation with my family. We loved the casual vibe of the restaurant and enjoyed the delicious food! The location is perfect for watching the sunset. Another highlight in our visit was our server, Bill. He was extremely helpful with the menu and choosing a wine for our meal. He was absolutely fabulous, we hope he is working when we come back on vacation next year!

1  Thank FrenchieMSU
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We make it a point to dine at the Old Oyster Factory every time we are in the area of Bluffton/Hilton Head. Upon entering the restaurant, you are greeted by a friendly hostess - the atmosphere is casual - the waitstaff is attentive and offers specials of the day, and the view is breathtaking! During the last several years, we have tried a number of different entrees and have never been disappointed. During the warmer weather, there is outside table or bar seating overlooking the water and you can listen to the band or watch the kayakers. If you're visiting Hilton Head , be sure to include a visit to the Old Oyster Factory!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I love visiting Hilton Head anytime I'm in the South Carolina. I was recently there and dined at The Old Oyster Factory for the first time and loved it. A young guy named Michael was our server. He was so nice! I'd highly recommend sitting in his section. You won't be disappointed and it's hard to get good service these days!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I am new to the area and have been trying different restaurants. The view was amazing as well as the food and staff. My server Kari was very helpful with the menu and explaining the different specials. She was also very knowledgable about what wines should be paired with which meals. I definitely had a wonderful experience and will be back soon.