“I don’t believe we will return”

Hugo's Seafood & Steakhouse
Ranked #224 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: VOTED 2012 BEST CUISINE at Taste of the Season, Hilton Head's premiere annual culinary event featuring chefs from Hilton Head's top restaurants. Conveniently located 1/2 mile south of Palmetto Dunes/Shelter Cove in South Island Square shopping center.New location features multiple dining rooms boasting a private room ideal for large groups and private parties of up to 45 people. Intimate booths, full bar, climate controlled wine cellar and huge skylights are just some of the incredible attributes.Featuring fresh hand-cut and trimmed steaks, fresh local seafood and amazing tableside flaming desserts!
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“I don’t believe we will return”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We visited Hugo’s last evening with 16 friends for an early dinner. I was not successful in polling all of the participants but it appeared that most guests were pleased with dinner. We were assigned a side-room which they didn’t fill up until about 2 hours after we arrived. The restaurant was very crowded by then. There is plenty of parking and our waitress, Peggy, was entertaining and efficient.
I began dinner with a wonderful Low Country She Crab Soup ($4-99) followed by an overcooked Filet Mignon (6 oz. $34.99) with a lumpy twice-baked potato. My wife had the Crab Cakes ($19.99) which she liked but not enough to take the uneaten portion home.
This was a Wednesday Night and the establishment was very busy at 7:30, so a lot pf diners must be pleased with the place. I am thinking that it must have been a off-night for my steak.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank raudetra

North Carolina
“A little disappointing”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The menu was lovely and our server very attentive and well trained. My dinner was very dry and chefs vegetables overcooked and dry. Had lobster truffles in pastry with no sauce and filet cut into medallions with no Demi glacé. Filet overcooked and without taste. Caesar salad and fresh bread good. Overpriced and will not return.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank maigolf
London, Canada
“Good food/ good deals”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Had a great meal.
Go for the early bird deal. Starts at 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. during the week. Get to pick from 6 main course dishes and you get a salad too. Dishes cost $14.99 for these deals.

I had the beef plate and my wife had the shrimp/ beef kabobs.

Going back tonight to try the chicken dish.

Our server was friendly and dishes were served in a timely manner. She kept our water glasses full.
City tap water. Wish they filtered it. Hi chlorine here.

Dining room was fine but I found the men's room could you a small bit of touch up. A small thing I tend to notice.
When I was in business, I always felt the office, customer are and restrooms should be in top shape at all times. I tend to notice this stuff.

Fact we are going back says we liked it.
Hope you too have a good experience, if you dine here.

• Visited March 2014
Texas
“Lovely atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband, sister, and I ate at Hugo's last week. I had the oysters Rockefeller, which was excellent! My sister enjoyed her escargot. My husband had the pecan crusted honey chicken, which he hated and took about two bites. My sister and I had filets with lobster stuffing. The filet mignon was good, but the "lobster" topping was just some mushy, no texture stuff on top with not much hint of lobster flavor at all. We did not have desserts. Our bill was around $100. I enjoyed most of the meal, but the lobster topping could use some actual lobster chunks in it. My husband would not go back.

• Visited March 2014
“Back to Hilton Head”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had wanted to go to Fitzgerald's on our first night on Hilton Head, but we informed that it had closed and a new restaurant had been opened by previous owner's of Fitzgerald's. So we decided to go there and were not disappointed. Although smaller than the previous restaurant, the seating was comfortable and the food was very good. The menu included both steaks and seafood and both were excellent with a generous serving size. The prices were moderate and the staff very friendly.

• Visited February 2014