“Quaint little refreshing restaurant”
Review of Hugo's Seafood & Steakhouse - CLOSED

Hugo's Seafood & Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: VOTED 2012 BEST CUISINE at Taste of the Season, Hilton Head's premiere annual culinary event featuring chefs from Hilton Head's top restaurants. Conveniently located 1/2 mile south of Palmetto Dunes/Shelter Cove in South Island Square shopping center.New location features multiple dining rooms boasting a private room ideal for large groups and private parties of up to 45 people. Intimate booths, full bar, climate controlled wine cellar and huge skylights are just some of the incredible attributes.Featuring fresh hand-cut and trimmed steaks, fresh local seafood and amazing tableside flaming desserts!
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Menu has great varieties,nice location and the taste is perfect,Service is excellent and I do mean excellent

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I loved to eat at Fitzgeralds but Hugo's is not a place we will go heck to. We went at six on a Tuesday maybe three other tables so it was not busy. It took almost an hour to get two orders of shrimp scampi. Service was slow and food was tasteless.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We saw that the restaurant was selected "best of" in previous years but did not pay attention to recent very poor reviews. We learned the hard way - it was 55 minutes before they delivered anything to our table and one and one-half hours before our meal arrived. The lobster thermador had a strange sauce that was anything but thermador and the stuffed shrimp were the smallest that I have ever seen with a strange sauce that I could not identify (it appeared to be frozen). The server noticed that we were unhappy and said what could she do about it and I asked what her options were and she said none. Why offer to correct a mistake if you can not fix it.

Stay away.

1  Thank Sam H
Reviewed November 4, 2013

First time I've ever written a review, but this was the absolute pits. Thought we'd go for the crab leg special. Waited over an hour to receive our meal, and it wasn't particularly busy. Waitress came back several times to tell us how she was trying to get our food. She at least seemed genuinely concerned by the whole episode. My rice pilaf was replaced with mashed potatoes. No advance notice or asking if I'd like something else. The mixed veggies had tons of oregano, but were the only things hot on my plate, and they weren't good. Finally sent the crab legs back when I picked up one where the top was refrigerator cold. Too bad we forgot about our hotel's 10 percent discount because when the waitress offered to see what she could do, they took a whopping 6% off our total.

1  Thank Faith O
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have been patrons of Hugo's for at least 2 decades, but never again! On Nov. 1, my husband and I went to Hugo's for a favorite dinner of Lobster Thermidor. We were seated in one of the last 2 tables that we saw, and had plenty of time to order from the early dining menu, before 6. We received our salads promptly and the empty plates were picked up by 6:20. We were told that our meal would be up shortly. We were told that several more times before my husband asked to speak to Hugo. He came over and arrogantly seemed to indicate that there was nothing wrong with waiting over I hour for your entree to arrive, which came after 7 o'clock. No apology for extremely slow service or offer to amend the situation. We felt sorry for the wait staff, for I'm certain he takes the same attitude with them. As we left, my husband told Hugo how disappointed were and that he lost us as customers and he said nothing. Not how you treat loyal customers who even bring visitors to his establishment!

4  Thank Kyscubafan