“Overpriced bad food.”
Review of Hugo's Seafood & Steakhouse - CLOSED

Hugo's Seafood & Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: VOTED 2012 BEST CUISINE at Taste of the Season, Hilton Head's premiere annual culinary event featuring chefs from Hilton Head's top restaurants. Conveniently located 1/2 mile south of Palmetto Dunes/Shelter Cove in South Island Square shopping center.New location features multiple dining rooms boasting a private room ideal for large groups and private parties of up to 45 people. Intimate booths, full bar, climate controlled wine cellar and huge skylights are just some of the incredible attributes.Featuring fresh hand-cut and trimmed steaks, fresh local seafood and amazing tableside flaming desserts!
Reviewed March 6, 2013

First time at Hugo's. We waited 10 minutes before a server asked for our drink order. We then waited 1 hour and 25 mins to get our food. My scallops wrapped in bacon were rubbery and my husbands lobster was also overcooked. The sides; rice and veggies were cold. We complained and the server said sorry and walked off. Overall, the entire experience sucked.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We dined at this establishment on Valentines day.Reservation was honored at the time requested
We opted for the dinner and show they offered. I Hate Hamlet at the Arts center. Dinner was surperb,as was the tableside dessert Bananas Foster and Apple Crisp. Presentation of both something to watch.Our server Sue was outstanding, she sure knows how to treat a client.
We have been following Hugo since Fitzgeralds at N forest dr. then Wexford now at his present location.
If you want excellent food and caring service I suggest you make a visit to this fine establishment.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We went there during restaurant wk. The food was outstanding & the service was the best we've ever had. there are no "cons" if you eat here!!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were able to get in without one the first night, but we tried to go back and couldn't get in. It was very good and worth the trip back. My husband had the whole flounder and loved it. I had the Honey Pecan Chicken and took half home. We also had the Chocolate Mousse that was amazing. Next time we'll make a reservation.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I decided to try Hugo's based on the reviews and recommendations of others. It was the wrong decision. We were seated promptly at a lovely round corner table and were quickly forgotten. After about 10 minutes, a server came to our table announcing she was "helping out" and took our drink orders which took about 10 minutes to arrive.
We finally placed our order and the appetizers came in prompt fashion. The Ceaser salad was fine' however, the She Crab soup was somewhat "pasty".
After a long delay, our entrees came and it was down hill from there. My wife's crab cakes were nothing more than flavored bread. The lobster thermidor was passable; however, the small lobster was overcooked.
After another long wait to clear the tables, we ordered the "famous" flaming key lime pie desert which was an absolute disaster.
To top it all off, we received the wrong check.
However, the wait staff was very cordial and polite, just overworked.
I think we will pass Hugo's next year when we return for our winter stay.

3  Thank ckost1