“Good baked goods, although not my favorite for lunch food.”

Signe's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Signe's Heaven Bound Bakery & Café has been a Hilton Head Island tradition since 1972. Signe Gardo still coordinates the operation, which has been featured in numerous national publications as well as the Food Network for its eclectic breakfast and luncheon menu. All-day breakfast includes a remarkably delicius baked French Toast (blueberry, blackberry and old fashioned) as well as fluffy frittatas, hearty shrimp & grits and an assortment of fresh pastries. An array of Signe's specialty salads appeal to local vegetarians as well as her quiches and tarts. Sandwiches run the gamut from turkey & cranberry to Hot Reubens. Then, of course, there are desserts - lots of them, including our renowned double-chocolate "Mud-dauber" cupcake to sweet-potato/pecan pies, fresh key lime pie and a choice of cakes by the slice, made daily.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good baked goods, although not my favorite for lunch food.”
Reviewed August 7, 2008

Good baked goods, although not my favorite for lunch food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love anything from here! An Island staple for years and years”
Reviewed August 3, 2008

I love anything from here! An Island staple for years and years

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Virginia
“Incredible”
Reviewed August 2, 2008

I had read a review on this place on trip advisor. My family and I decided to check it out. We didn't know about the Rachel Ray's French Toast dish at the time. However; we quickly learned about it. The french toast is incredible, eggs frittata, and the BEST corn beef hash I have EVER had. I have never been to a place that had homemade corn beef. It has always been frozen or in a can or that taste.... This is baby fried pot. with little strips of corned beef with two poached eggs on top. I had it twice in three days. SO GOOD. I can't even begin to explain the bakery section. Everything very reasonably priced. As somone stated in a different review about the lines. The lines were only long once when we went. ( went three times in one week) Even with the long lines, they move fast. Oh... did I mention the coffee? WONDERFUL!

1 Thank NicoleSienna
“Eclectic, good food, excellent bakery!”
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Eclectic, good food, excellent bakery!

Great Lakes USA
“Overrated”
Reviewed June 19, 2008

I don't understand this place. It's out of the way and you have to make a special trip there (it's near industrial buildings). It's a zoo just a short time after opening. There's a huge line and the parking lot is full.

I stopped in to try the deep dish French Toast Rachel Ray had raved about. It was completely tasteless and disappointing! I tasted some other bakery items my friends ordered and they tasted ordinary and nothing special.

You also have to seat yourself and the service is slow. There are much better places to have breakfast on the island that taste better, are less expensive, have faster service, are more nicely decorated, and are more conveniently located. This place is not worth all the fuss.

2 Thank SchultzBrigade