“Great Comfort Food & Good Sweets.....what more could a girl ask for?”

Signe's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 9 Bakeries in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Signe's Heaven Bound Bakery & Café has been a Hilton Head Island tradition since 1972. Signe Gardo still coordinates the operation, which has been featured in numerous national publications as well as the Food Network for its eclectic breakfast and luncheon menu. All-day breakfast includes a remarkably delicious baked French Toast (blueberry, blackberry and old fashioned) as well as fluffy frittatas, hearty shrimp & grits and an assortment of fresh pastries. An array of Signe's specialty salads appeal to local vegetarians as well as her quiches and tarts. Sandwiches run the gamut from turkey & cranberry to Hot Reubens. Then, of course, there are desserts - lots of them, including our renowned double-chocolate "Mud-dauber" cupcake to sweet-potato/pecan pies, fresh key lime pie and a choice of cakes by the slice, made daily.
Reviewed May 2, 2008

I love love love this place! Months before visiting Hilton Head, I ordered my wedding cake from Signe herself so I knew when I got there I had to check the place out. I ended up stopping in for lunch and getting the She-Crab Soup and Salad special with their house dressing. It was marvellous! I finished it off with an old fashioned brownie and got some sweets to go! On the day of my wedding I was thrilled that the inside of the cake tasted just as good as it looked on the outside! So if you have some special occasion while in HH, definately look to signe to come up with something fabulous in the cake department!

1  Thank OurFamOf3

Reviewed March 21, 2008

Shame on Rachel Ray. How could she rave about the deep dish French toast? It was just a bit soggy & pretty tasteless. How disappointing!

Other than that it appears to be an OK bakery, but not worth any fuss.

4  Thank NM_Bill
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 10, 2008

great

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 9, 2008

Signes appeals to Health Nut in me. The salads and sandwiches on freshly baked grainy breads are delicious. I there knowing the service isn't going to speedy. I've been going there for more than 15 years and the system hasn't changed. The wonderful thing - after all the calories I save on the healthful lunch, I can enjoy a piece of Signes' Keylime pound cake with no regrets.

1  Thank jk9195