“Pleasant Surprise ”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The combination of the name and location probably led to low expectations although my friend said she had lunched there and the food was really good. So we tried it on a Saturday night.
We sat inside in the AC and had a signature cocktail that was
Fresh And tasty. We ordered a strip steak special and a dish special and had the scallop appetizer and a grilled peach salad -which in itself could have been a meal ! Everything was cooked to preference and very good.
The wine list has some interesting choices. The service was good, although the dining room seem messy with UN bussed tables and food on the floor under a group of tables.

Overall I would give it a 8 out of 10
And will definitely go back again.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Went to a couple wine tasting…excellent service and outstanding food ! The couple that owns the place knows how to please the customers. I just wish they had a water view !

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This fine restaurant was tucked into the Moss Creek Village. It seems a little hidden, but that was fine for us as there was not a big crowd. The decor was interesting and made a nice location for our family of four to enjoy the meal. Our food was excellent, the wines choices diverse and the service was great. I had a Ahi Tuna sandwich that was very unique and delicious. My wife had the filet which was also wonderful. My two sons also thoroughly enjoyed their meals as well. We will definitely return next time we are in Hilton Head.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is on my list of top restaurants in area. The Chef and staff have taken everyday fare and made it fresh and new. Love everything about HH. Food,drinks, staff and decor ++++++++++++++++.
back very soon for some Shrimp and grits and chicken waffles. a must for locals and tourist who want to taste the south

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I wish we had found this gem sooner on our trip rather than our last night at Hilton Head! The menu got us so excited... everything was so different and sounded delicious. I had the coconut shrimp curry. Delish! My husband loved his scallops, shrimp, and mussle pasta dish. They have the best dessert selection. We had the chocolate sampler. OMG! Soooo good! This place will be our first stop the next time we vacation here. Until then, we willl be dreaming of it!!

1  Thank marianne s