“Great food”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great food”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Last evening my wife and I went to HogsHead for dinner, a fairly new restaurant in the area. The new owners have done a great job in redecorating the interior, it is now bright and airy.

In spite of what the restaurant's name might imply, it is not a BBQ but rather a fine dining establishment, with lots of available parking. Our waitress, Lynn, came to this establishment from a restaurant that we frequent in Hellertown, PA, what a small world. She was very attentive and we were pleased with her service.

We both enjoyed the Sea Scallops and Forest Mushroom dinner ($23) and took home the uneaten portions, which were quite large. The scallops were pan-seared to perfection, brown on the outside and moist on the inside. My wife also had the Lemon Custard Pie ($6) and I had the Carolina Peach Cobbler ($8). Our meals and desserts were excellent.

While the menu is quite varied, there were not too many other items on it that we would have ordered. We do recommend this restaurant.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Okay but not overly impressive”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My wife and I had lunch here today and this restaurant has tremendous potential. The food was good and the service was above average. Biggest disappointment was that the lunch menu is the dinner menu. They offer a few lunch specials, but I did not see anything I wanted.

I ordered the ribs and had to pay $22 for the serving. It was much more than I wanted, and the ribs were a bit dry so I only ate half and the others were put in a "doggy bag" (which I later threw away).

My wife's turkey burger was one of the best she has eaten in a restaurant, so I know they have the potential. If they had a smaller lunch menu with lunch sized portions, I would return. However, we will probably not go back as Hilton Head has too many other good restaurants.

1 Thank Ray Z
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Excellent food but not comfortable seating for a long meal”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The food and service was excellent. However, we sat on the banquette along the wall of the main dining room. The banquette is actually a church pew, as described in the restaurant web page background section. I was in pain after our 90 minute lunch that included 3 courses and French wine. The other chairs were hard also, I noticed. The place mats were too small for the plates and I am not sure if they were changed for each customer. However, the restaurant had nice decor as far as the pictures on the wall and other decorations. I enjoyed looking around as I ate. I think the wine masked how much pain was in. I have lower back problems and should have paid more attention to where I was sitting.
The management was very friendly and visible. They seemed to care about their clients so perhaps they will consider the following request:
I wish the restaurant would add cushions to the banquette.

1 Thank Kim H
“Great food and awesome service!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

First time here and believe me we will be back! I personally had the sweet potato chowder and it was perfect. Service was excellent. Great combinations and reasonable prices!

Bluffton SC
“Best restaurant off island”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Had our anniversary dinner at the hogshead restaurant ...pleasantly surprised one of the best restaurants off island and near Bluffton South Carolina. The mussel appetizer best I've ever tasted. Local swordfish was special of day. Excellent food and service