“Terrible tasteless seafood. There are much better restaurants in Hilton Head.”
Review of Carolina Seafood House - CLOSED

Carolina Seafood House
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I thought we would try this place out and after we had dinner I wished we hadn't. We arrived at 4:50 pm and were told by one of the staff " We don't open until 5:00". I should have seen this as a bad omen and tried elsewhere but we unfortunately stuck around. When we were seated my wife ordered the popcorn shrimp and I ordered the seafood combo with scallops, fish and shrimp. When our food arrived we were less than impressed. My wife's popcorn shrimp was soggy and not at all crisp. My seafood combo did not look good at all. The "fish" looked and tasted like it was frozen, the scallops were cold and he shrimp had no taste. As a matter of fact nothing in the combo had any taste at all. I couldn't stand but one bite of each one before I became disgusted and asked for the check. Our waitress, who was very nice, asked if we needed a box. We said did not like our dinner. She did not offer to get the manager or to take something of our bill, so we payed for two meals that we did not eat. A lesson learned and we will not be going back again.

1  Thank JoeyHWV
Linda P, Manager at Carolina Seafood House, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Joey,

We were saddened to hear of your experience at Carolina Seafood House. Obviously yours is not an experience that we would want anyone to have at our restaurant. I am terribly sorry that things went the way they did and wish I had had the opportunity to resolve the situation while you were here. Please rest assured that I have spoken with the staff as well as the kitchen regarding your experience. It is only through comments like yours that we can improve both our service and menu preparation. Should you find yourself back in Hilton Head, please don't hesitate to contact me as I would like the opportunity to give you a better impression of how things are done here at Hilton Head Island Beach & Tennis Resort and in particular at the Carolina Seafood House.
Kind regards,
Linda Prosser
Director of Sales/Assistant F&B Director
lprosser@hhibeachandtennis.com

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Clean, friendly, good atmosphere and good food. The shrimp poboy with fries and coleslaw was very good.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Don't let the 'commercial building' look stop you from entering the complex. Pass the conference rooms, pass the real estate office, the pizza place and sports bar....you have arrived. Nice view of a small pond with fountain. Good food at a good price. Nice folks too.

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to review Carolina Seafood House on Trip Advisor. It is always nice to see positive reviews and hear that you enjoyed your experience with us!

Kind regards,
Linda Prosser
Director of Sales/Assistant F&B Director
lprosser@hhibeachandtennis.com

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a hidden gem ! Pond views, beautiful decoration and positive, attentive servers . You can't beat the prices anywhere on the Island ! Great for groups or couples and families.

1  Thank eatouts