“Fresh and perfect for Paleo/Primal crowd!”
Review of Daphne's Cafe & Market - CLOSED

Daphne's Cafe & Market
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: The Village at WexfordTo the right of SubwayIn between Vanity Fur & Mum's the Word
Reviewed June 9, 2013

What a fantastic find! If you are a traveling Paleo/Primal, then stop by Daphne's for bone broth and homemade kombucha. Plus, chicken salad that is to-die-for. Daphne is a kind, gentle soul who puts a lot of love into her food and uses high quality ingredients, like grassfed cream.

Go patronize this small, woman-owned business!

5  Thank thebestlaidplans

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I popped into Daphne's while looking for a to-go lunch, and man I'm glad I did. I took the entrees back to the hotel room and my husband and I raved with each bite. We shared the tuna fish sandwich, which was the best tuna fish I ever ate. It was perfectly light, fresh, flavorful, and the dill was a nice treat. We also shared the roasted beet and goat cheese salad. Man it was delicious! The vinaigrette was light but flavorful, and the beets and goat cheese were superb. Overall, we would return to Daphne's in a heartbeat! It's a new cafe, and the owner, Daphne, was delightful. Giver her your business and you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank ebm1011
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I happened upon this small deli/cafe/market and are glad we did! It was lunch time. Daphne's was in the mall we were shopping so it seemed right to try it. I ordered the lentil soup and he had the three mushroom soup. I also chose the goat cheese, olive, tomato, basil sandwich on multigrain bread and he chose the chicken with walnut basil pesto, tomato, lemon mayonnaise sandwich on Ezekiel bread. Each sandwich was served with a salad and orange slice. If we were not traveling we would have taken home some soup from the freezer. Fresh veggies and herbs, organic, local raw honey, extra virgin coconut oil and sea salt are some of the descriptive words from the menu. Sweets are made fresh each day. At home after our trip and still
Inspired by Daphne's.

1  Thank Iowajeannie
Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you are looking for this little place - it's in Wexford Plaza, tucked in the corner, but worth the effort. Simple in decor but big on flavor. Our group of 4 ordered all different and all delicious fare. The soups are killer - went out on a limb with the chilled yogurt-cucumber-dill soup and have attempted it 2x at home already. Salads were fresh, breads were wholesome, menu was interesting and well managed. Will go back!

1  Thank HollyEM7
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Looking for a casual and healthy lunch to wrap up vacation, and we stumbled upon Daphne's Cafe while perusing Trip Advisor. Took a chance since there was no link to a website, and what a terrific surprise we had waiting for us.

We started with their soup special... a chunky gazpacho that honestly was out of this world. My only regret was not getting the bowl instead of a cup. Very refreshing on a hot day. That was followed up with a tuna sandwich and a chicken salad sandwich. Fresh, creative ingredients in each one that made them stand out from the usual. The bread was excellent, as well as the side salad with a homemade vinegarette. The sandwich platters were very reasonably priced.

A number of non-alcoholic drink options in the cooler, in addition to fresh-brewed tea, The homemade Kombucha was excellent. We purchased a few additional flavors to enjoy when we get home. Service was attentive, and we were not rushed.

Just wish we had known about Daphne's earlier in the trip. We would have made a few addtional visits. Note that hours are currently limited to 11-3 Monday through Saturday. We will definitely be back next year.