“What a great surprise!”
Review of Daphne's Cafe & Market - CLOSED

Daphne's Cafe & Market
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: The Village at WexfordTo the right of SubwayIn between Vanity Fur & Mum's the Word
Connecticut
“What a great surprise!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Looking for a casual and healthy lunch to wrap up vacation, and we stumbled upon Daphne's Cafe while perusing Trip Advisor. Took a chance since there was no link to a website, and what a terrific surprise we had waiting for us.

We started with their soup special... a chunky gazpacho that honestly was out of this world. My only regret was not getting the bowl instead of a cup. Very refreshing on a hot day. That was followed up with a tuna sandwich and a chicken salad sandwich. Fresh, creative ingredients in each one that made them stand out from the usual. The bread was excellent, as well as the side salad with a homemade vinegarette. The sandwich platters were very reasonably priced.

A number of non-alcoholic drink options in the cooler, in addition to fresh-brewed tea, The homemade Kombucha was excellent. We purchased a few additional flavors to enjoy when we get home. Service was attentive, and we were not rushed.

Just wish we had known about Daphne's earlier in the trip. We would have made a few addtional visits. Note that hours are currently limited to 11-3 Monday through Saturday. We will definitely be back next year.

• Visited May 2013

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Delicious and Healthy too!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went in to Daphne's yesterday to grab something to drink and went back today to have lunch after reading the menu and meeting Daphne. What a beautiful place to have lunch, the decor is lovely and the atmosphere is convivial and welcoming.
Although by the time we got there today they were out of the salmon salad, we got the tuna salad sandwich instead and it was the best tuna salad I have ever had. The lentil soup was delicious. I suggest if you are going to go you go early because she only serves the food fresh, once it is gone it is gone. She also has an assortment of frozen soups available for sale to take with you too. Yum!

• Visited May 2013
hilton head island sc
“Healthy & Delicious! Do not miss !!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Love, love, love Daphne's!! Always greeted by their smiling faces! Always amazing food & so much variety! I celebrate them twice as I have numerous food allergies & I can enjoy all and not worry!! Daphne makes the most amazing delicious healthy gluten free soups & so much more!! She made a name for her self at the local farmers market. Now with this amazing opening of her cafe we are all so fortunate to be able to enjoy all of her wonderful creations!! Daphne is such a talent & still so personable & welcoming! It's a must for lunch !! Don't forget to take home some of the too numerous soups she offers in the freezer as you leave! Horray for delicious healthy food in Hilton Head! Thank you to Daphne for all!!

• Visited April 2013
Montreal
“Delicious, healthy food and great service”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I first discovered Daphne's cooking when I was looking for a gluten-free she-crab soup when visiting Hilton Head island a couple of years ago, before the Café opened and since then Daphne's she-crab soup has become my favourite food to have everytime I visit. It is hand's down, the best she-crab soup I've ever tasted! So I was excited to try out Daphne's café and I wasn't dissapointed. Everything we ordered, from the cucumber salad to the mushroom soup was delicious, the service was great and knowing that they use many organic, healthy ingredients and cook from scratch, not only makes me happy to be eating healthy, it also shows in the taste...everything is just delicious! I also highly recommend getting some soups for take-out. We stock up on arrival and we're set for a variety of easy, delicious meals at home without having to cook.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MontrealMolly78
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Fresh, Friendly & Fantastic food!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Every time you walk in Daphne's you are welocmed by a friendly face, quite often the owner herself! I have had the joy of taking several different friends and clients in for lunch and everyone has been thrilled. Daphane is famous through out the area with locals for having the most awesome soups which she also sells to go!

• Visited March 2013