“Generally excellent”

Ombra Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Ombra Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: OMBRA Cucina Rustica, located in the beautiful Village at Wexford on the south end of Hilton Head Island. Come and enjoy Classic Regional Italian cuisine created by Award Winning Chef Michael Cirafesi voted Best Chef Hilton Head 2013,2014, 2015, and 2016. Winner of Best Italian Restaurant by Island Packet Reader's Choice Awards. We offer gluten free pasta and other gluten free options. OMBRA features an extensive wine list including Italian Benchmark wines. Stop by to relax at our bar and lounge with a spectacular selection of Italian specialty cocktails, apertifs, and digestivos.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I dined at this restaurant for the first time earlier this week. The atmosphere and service was first rate, as was the food with one exception. My wife and I both had half portions of two different pasta dishes and both were excellent. For entres my wife had the baked wild salmon and it too was excellent. I ordered the grilled chicken under brick, perhaps because of the unusual preparation description , but was quite disappointed. There was simply too much olive oil in and on the chicken as presented. We shared an Ombra sundae for desert which was outstanding. We plan on returning during our next visit to the island, but will stay away from the described chicken dish.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was a great find. Comfortable atmosphere. Very friendly and knowledgable staff. Fanatastic food. No one rushed us. Convenient to Sea Pines, Palmetto Dunes and Marriott resorts.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Ombra. One of the best. Italian meals ever. You have to go if Italian food is one of your favourites. We have great Italian food in our home city, but this was spectacular. The place is nice and service good, but come here for the FOOD. Don't miss out on the Gnoochi or Veal. The Black Pasta Seafood special was also worthwhile. Gloria was a great server. Delicious wines by the glass as well! Yes, it is in a strip like mall, but don't be put off.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

You won't find better authentic Italian food and downright excellent service on Hilton Head. Our server Gloria was outstanding and the reason we will continue to dine at OMBRA

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Easily the best food I've eaten on Hilton Head Island. I really enjoyed a recent trip to Ombra. Our table had caprese salad, prosciutto & Parmesan as appetizers. All were fantastic. We enjoyed house made ravioli with a simple tomato sauce and house made gnocchi with a Gorgonzola and prosciutto sauce for our pasta course. The ravioli was one of the three best pasta dishes I have ever tasted. For our meat course we had filet and halibut, both expertly prepared. Deserts were wonderful as well. I also enjoyed the quality selection of Italian wines with quite a few available by the glass.