“excellent service - thanks Gloria and Eddie”

Ombra Cucina Rustica
Reserve with OpenTable
Ombra Cucina Rustica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 367 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: OMBRA Cucina Rustica, located in the beautiful Village at Wexford on the south end of Hilton Head Island. Come and enjoy Classic Regional Italian cuisine created by Chef Michael Cirafesi voted Best Chef Hilton Head 2013 and 2014. OMBRA features an extensive wine list including Italian Benchmark wines. Stop by to relax at our bar and lounge with a spectacular selection of Italian specialty cocktails, apertifs, and digestivos.
“excellent service - thanks Gloria and Eddie”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Went here for our anniversary dinner with my hubby and our friends. Great ambiance. Love the decor. The host greats you with a smile and her friendly attitude. Sat in a private area with a curtain that gives privacy and comfort. The happy was splendid we had the seafood zuppetta, peaches, caprese, calamari. The gnocci was delightful...yummy. Gloria is very knowledegable and attentive. Loved her service. Edddie was very attentive but not intrusive. He was there at the right time to clear the dishes and serve the table. We called the Manager over and complimented the team. Thank you for making our anniversary special.

Visited July 2014

New Haven, Connecticut
“Excellent Food & Service.. Very Authentic”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I ate at Ombras on July 9, I went with my wife for a nice "date night". The menu was very authentic Italian, and had a lot to offer. We didn't have a reservation, but we were seated immediately by the host. Mitch recommended the beat & peach salad as well as the Gnocchi. We ordered all plus a Veal and a Chicken entree. Everything was AMAZING! Our waiter was terrific, very nice and patient as we asked him questions. The atmosphere was very calming and cozy, and we plan to dine there again when we make it back to Hilton Head.

• Visited July 2014
Fancy Gap, Virginia
“Heaven at Hilton Head”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary on 5 July at Ombra. Though we had pledged to eat fresh seafood for our trip to HHI, Ombra's menu spoke to us. We are so thankful we listened to that "voice." From the service, to the ambience, to the food, everything was topnotch. We were surprised with complimentary glasses of Prosecco to start our evening, and after dessert, we were again startled to get the house-made limoncello gratis. In between, we ate an artistically prepared South Carolina shaved peach salad with Gorgonzola, arugula, and honeyed pine nuts with an Amarone glaze (it was gorgeous and delicious) and scallops with a white wine black truffle sauce as antipasti, then switched to our entrees of lobster ravioli in a cream sauce and the star of the evening, tagliatelle Bolognese. Both were exquisite, but the tagliatelle was a winner by a smidgen. The Bolognese was unctuous, had a depth of flavor you rarely find, and was finished off by sopping up the remaining sauce with a slice of fresh-baked bread. (Actually, I did the same thing to the lobster ravioli wine sauce, too.) My wife's only criticism is, "I wanted more!" Don't worry; the servings were fine just so good we wanted more. The suggested wines matched perfectly, and service was attentive but not bothersome. Based on the sure-handed control of the first two courses, we opted to try the tiramisu, and it was divine: light, airy, and creamy with the deft touch of cocoa, espresso, and rum. It was some of the best tiramisu I've ever had. In sum, this is a don't-miss Italian restaurant that we can't wait to try next year on our anniversary.

• Visited July 2014
“Meal as art!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I ate here 7/3/14, and it was delightful! To start, I had the peach salad with arugula, Gorgonzola & pine nuts. The salad was so pretty that I didn't want to eat it! However, since I was hungry after my walk through the Sea Pines Nature Preserve, I dug in and was enchanted by the subtle yet distinctive flavors of each element. For the main course I had the potato gnocchi with mushrooms and was not disappointed. I opted to have dessert, and was again presented with a work of art that was to be eaten. The hostess and waiter were both very attentive.

Wichita
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My new measure for other restaurants”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

So we got another date night without children. I spent a relaxing evening enjoying some of the best food I have ever tasted. The Halibut in prosecco buere blanc sauce was so amazing that on our return a few days later my wife ordered it. The salads, atmosphere, drink selections were all amazing. And, yes, Ned was such a fantastic guide and answered all of my questions (my wife will want me to attempt to reconstruct at least part of this when we get home). We will now eat here every year (and of course Hudson's with the kids). World class.

• Visited June 2014