“Don't Pass Up this Restaurant!”

Ombra Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Ombra Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: OMBRA Cucina Rustica, located in the beautiful Village at Wexford on the south end of Hilton Head Island. Come and enjoy Classic Regional Italian cuisine created by Award Winning Chef Michael Cirafesi voted Best Chef Hilton Head 2013,2014, 2015, and 2016. Winner of Best Italian Restaurant by Island Packet Reader's Choice Awards. We offer gluten free pasta and other gluten free options. OMBRA features an extensive wine list including Italian Benchmark wines. Stop by to relax at our bar and lounge with a spectacular selection of Italian specialty cocktails, apertifs, and digestivos.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by family members. I was a little hesitant to dine at Ombra because a horrible review appeared on this forum. Our experience was the total opposite of that terrible review! We had the same waiter, Ned, who was very professional and knowledgeable. He made the evening for us. The manager, Mary, stopped by every table to ask the diners if their meals were satisfactory. The food was excellent. We all ordered different entrees so we could sample each other's dinners. The fish was fresh and flavorful. The pasta was warm, tasty and comforting. The wines Ned recommended complemented our meals perfectly. Our desserts were the ultimate finale to the evening. We cannot wait to return!

1  Thank Marianne C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,257)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Not a good restaurant for 2 people. Too noisy and tight setting. Food excellent and service very good. would be good for a larger party. Not the same as the Michelle Antonies.

1  Thank wildwill
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Last night we dined at Ombra with friends. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. The halibut special was amazing, but the true highlight was our waiter, Ned. He was engaging, and extremely informative with attention to our every need. All questions were answered in debt with a dab of humor. What a treat! Our next visit to Hilton Head will include another Ombra experience.
Joann

1  Thank 385Joann
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We were a party of eight (originally booked for two but grew to eight with no problem) with very eclectic individual tastes.

We were seated at a round table that met our needs perfectly and greeted by our server, Ned, who was as good as it gets with menu items and their rather extensive and well-priced wine list. I had a huge veal chop cooked to perfection and accompanied by excellent veggies. My wife had pasta and seafood that surpassed all expectations. Ned suggested one of our favorite wines {Seghesio Zinfandel) that met our expectations as usual.

We had a mix of ethnic backgrounds, some of whom were vegetarian, all causing no problems with the kitchen.

We will look forward to a return visit when next we travel to Hilton Head Island.

1  Thank MiguelPenticton_BC
Reviewed March 19, 2014

food was fine, nothing extravagant, just standard flavors that you could make at home to be honest. I went there for my 21st, originally planning to go to Michael Anthony's but my birthday fell on a Sunday so it was closed. next option was Ombra, and i definitely made a mistake. We were told we'd have a private room/table which ended up being being basically shoved in a corner.
I felt that because we we're a fairly young group of people, they assumed we'd be rowdy, annoying and immature. My thoughts were encouraged when Ned became our server. I'll give credit where it due so he did seem fairly knowledgeable, about the menu. However, his attitude put me off completely and actually ruined my meal. He was quite arrogant, didn't really listen to me (i asked him to leave the menu as i was still deciding on the wine i wanted but took it anyway...) and at first didn't even know it was my birthday and not just any, my 21st. He had a 'cant be bothered' attitude, and my group had the same feeling.
Although this is a small minor detail but when asked about desserts, in a way he forced me to get one saying 'go on, its your birthday' so i thought might as well. Later on my friend asked if he had done it complimentary, but when i looked at the bill i saw that it had been charged. Even this annoyed me slightly due to feeling pressured into getting a dessert by him. I also thought that our group bill came up to a high amount and i chose an inexpensive dessert. It doesn't take a genius to work out that giving a dessert comp to the birthday girl would make the service even better and something you would remember as a guest.
Regardless, the last thing was the billing. A normal server would be more than willing to split the bill. However Ned decided it was too difficult and asked us to waste out time to work it out. It was already late, i was annoyed and i didn't want to have to sit there working out taxes and tips on top of an awful time. He also disappeared for 10-15 minutes when we had questions about the bill.
So overall, it was a horrible experience for me personally. My advice? DO NOT go there if you with a group of young adults, you will get treated like crap even if its your birthday. I will never dine there again and would avoid giving it as an option anyone i know.

3  Thank Anita G