“Excellent High-End Italian”

Ombra Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Ombra Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: OMBRA Cucina Rustica, located in the beautiful Village at Wexford on the south end of Hilton Head Island. Come and enjoy Classic Regional Italian cuisine created by Award Winning Chef Michael Cirafesi voted Best Chef Hilton Head 2013,2014, 2015, and 2016. Winner of Best Italian Restaurant by Island Packet Reader's Choice Awards. We offer gluten free pasta and other gluten free options. OMBRA features an extensive wine list including Italian Benchmark wines. Stop by to relax at our bar and lounge with a spectacular selection of Italian specialty cocktails, apertifs, and digestivos.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I was in town by myself and found a quiet raised table in the bar. It happened to be restaurant week, so I enjoyed a 3-course meal with nice pricing. I started with the carpaccio, which was excellent - served with arugula, shaved cheese and a few capers. For my entree, I had the linguine with pasta in a light red sauce. The pasta was home made and perfectly cooked. The sauce was spicy, but not overpowering.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I visited this restaurant twice in the same week, something that is telling immediately. The first visit was on a very busy Saturday evening during restaurant week. The lobster bisque was excellent. The pasta course was mixed seafood linguine was well done. The roast chicken under a brick was crisp and delicious. We returned on a Tuesday for a tasting menu. We started with a little plate of pickled vegetables with cheese and salumi. The first course of grilled lobster and white beans was special. The pasta with ravioli with foie gras was very nice. The fish course with seared sea bass with a porcini sauce was beautiful. The neat course of rack of lamb was well done but not up to the level of the other courses. The ladies were pleased with the zabioni with fruit. This was the best meal I have ever had on Hilton Head and rivaled the best places in Charleston. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My wife and I recently had dinner here for the first time. We were both extremely pleased--delicious food, well presented. Our waiter Ronald was excellent, and the whole staff was friendly and helpful. The several dining rooms are well decorated and comfortable.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We've dined at Ombra twice now, once with four other friends and once just the two of us. On both occasions we've been impressed with the warm and welcoming atmosphere, the excellent food and outstanding service. Most recently our waiter, Ronald, was impeccable - knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. We will be back whenever we visit Hilton Head.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Delicious authentic Italian three course restaurant week menu being extended through the first week of February. We plan to return next week.Great price and wonderful service.