“Finally a fantastic meal in US”

Ombra Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Ombra Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: OMBRA Cucina Rustica, located in the beautiful Village at Wexford on the south end of Hilton Head Island. Come and enjoy Classic Regional Italian cuisine created by Award Winning Chef Michael Cirafesi voted Best Chef Hilton Head 2013,2014, 2015, and 2016. Winner of Best Italian Restaurant by Island Packet Reader's Choice Awards. We offer gluten free pasta and other gluten free options. OMBRA features an extensive wine list including Italian Benchmark wines. Stop by to relax at our bar and lounge with a spectacular selection of Italian specialty cocktails, apertifs, and digestivos.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I am Italian and I was in Hilton Head for business and I decided to go to Ombra, I have been in US for the last 10 days and I must admit that I had the best meal since I got here, tonight I really felt like if I was in Italy, simple ingredient very well mixed together, this is what Italian kitchen is about. The staff was very friendly and never made me feel alone, for sure this restaurant will be my second house every time I will come back to South Carolina.

2  Thank Roberto D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to Ombra - even though we heard it was new. When you walk in, it is beautiful. The design makes you feel like you are in Italy. The service is excellent and the food was perfect - just like I ordered it. Great job and keep up the good work. We will be back!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wonderful menu with a delightful ambience. Wait staff was very knowledgable and attentive.
Nice selection on the wine list. This is located in the former Antonio's, but the Interior has been totally redone. The bar area is also attractive and looked comfortable enough to have your dinner at the bar if the restaurant is full. You will likely need reservations as I think this is going to be a very popular dining choice.

1  Thank heartinCincy
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere of this restaurant. Our waiter Marshall did a fabulous job and explained all the specials. We enjoyed all our selections including the antipasto appetizer, bread, pasta, tuna carpaccio, tiramisu and cappuccino . Our only big complaint was local water served. Feel like a pricey restaurant deserves decent water in out water glasses.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We went to this restaurant the other evening to try it out. I had the BEST local black sea bass. It was recommended by our server, Rebecca. She also made an excellent wine choice for us as we had two different meals. The sea bass portion was extremely generous
I have had various meals at other establishments and thought they were great but I feel that the food here is the best on the Island and I have lived here a few years.
It is a new restaurant but I feel that this restaurant has a great future!
Michael's limoncello is the best. It is sooooo good I had two!