“Not worth the money”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Glasgow, Scotland
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This restaurant is in a great location with views over the creek from pretty much everywhere in the room. That's the good news - not so good were the waiting staff, the food, the cost, atmosphere in the restaurant, pretty much everything else. Our wait staff were nice enough but the service was very slow and the restaurant wasn't really busy the night we were there, dread to think what service would be like if they were. The food was ok, not horrible, but not wanting to make me rush back and for value for money it was rubbish. Although not horrendously expensive neither is it cheap and for what they charged I was expecting better. Pity, as I said this restaurant has great views but that's all - won't be back.

1 Thank Jellybean7788

Atlanta
“Room for Improvement”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The restaurant has a great view. They've done some redecorating inside to help break up the enormous open space that is the interior of the dining area. The drinks were good in the bar area. However the wait staff weren't on their game. The oysters on the half shell arrived w/o saltines. The non-English speaking bus boy who delivered them didn't know what crackers were. The waiter didn't come and check on our food. When he finally did, he checked but said that they were completely out, but he could bring us some cocktail sauce and horseradish. That should have all come out together, but we had to wait for about 15 mins. The food is overpriced and most of the entrees are on a bed of pasta. I expect that this is to add volume to the dish. Most entrées are priced around $30 so I expected better. At the end of the meal, they ran out of tea. Even though it was a slow night, the waiter scarcely checked on our table. For the price, they sure missed the details. It's not the worst meal I've ever had, but you can do much better on Hilton Head or Bluffton.

• Visited May 2013
Chester, VA
“A perfect lunch !”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Recenlty while visiting Hilton Head we wwent to Sunset Bay Restaurant for lunch only because we saw it while traveling on the island. We can definitely say this was the best lunch we had while in Hilton Head. We were seated promptly and Jeff, our server, was friendly, courteous, and efficient. The she crap soup is wonderful. For my meal I had the crab cake appetizer and it was ample for a meal. My husband tried the grouper reuben and was very pleased. From about every seating you have a view. Love this arrangement. For lunch it is a neat place to visit.

Canton, Ohio
“Great First Visit”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The best dining experience of our week at Hilton Head. She crab soup was excellent and our seafood entrees were well prepared and delicious. Staff was very friendly and helpful with excellent recommendations. Wonderful view of the bay.

Bluffton, South Carolina, United States
“spend your hard earned money elsewhere”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

There are many excellent restaurants in the Bluffton-Hilton Head area but this is not one of them! The restaurant view is beautiful but in no way makes up for the lousy food being served. From appetizer through entree there was something wrong with everything I ordered. Dried out, way overpriced shrimp cocktail, White onion chunks in the salad instead of shaved fennel. Really! Onion being mistaken for fennel??!! Please get a real chef for this beautiful establishment! Crab cakes were very large shredded crabmeat not jumbo lump as the menu stated. I even asked the waitress,who was new, to confirm with the so called chef (?) that they were indeed lump crab. Only one tiny morsel was about the size of my pinkie fingernail. The corn salsa that accompanied it was overpowered with red onion. No identifiable seasoning whatsoever. The menu stated that the crab cakes were served with a lemon aioli. Mine arrived with a very pitiful excuse for remolade. I questioned this and was told that the chef didn't realize that that was on the menu. Are you kidding Me??? Please save your money because the food is quite pricey and very, very dissapointing! My waitress Teresa did a great job but I understand had already had other complaints that day about the food. I was offered a complimentary dessert to try and compensate for the lousy food. I assure you I passed on that and could'nt get out of there fast enough. I am a local and will NEVER eat there again!!

1 Thank soboms