“Great farm to table establishment.”
Review of Neo - CLOSED

Neo
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 278
Description: NEO, awarded Best New Restaurant for 2013, is a Lowcountry farm to table gastropub passionately committed to great food and handcrafted cocktails. Chef Russell's farmhouse approach to food embraces the finest products from local producers, seasonality, and carefully sourced ingredients. From whimsical craft cocktails, thoughtfully selected wines, and craft beers, there is something for everyone to enjoy at the bar. The menu will change weekly with surprise daily additions to highlight seasonally available ingredients. Rock star chef & staff.
“Great farm to table establishment.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try it out when in-laws were in town for a visit. Felt very cozy upon entering establishment and were seated right away. Menu is small but diverse. We started off with a calamari appetizer which was one of the best we have had, crab dumplings were just ok and soup of the day a corn-crab chowder-awesome! I had the braised short-ribs that were outstanding, my husband had a special NY strip which to our surprise came out sliced(wish the server informed us of that)and was very tough. Father-in-law had baby back ribs, mother-in-law had the salmon both were very good. Only problem was after we were done with the apps no one came to clear our table, we ended up stacking them so when our dinner arrived there would be room. Overall experience very good, but the service was mediocre.

• Visited June 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Unfortunately, our waitress ruined our experience. She was unfriendly and slow. We let her know that we had a specific dairy allergy, which she acted annoyed and bothered to deal with. When the plate came out, it looked like cheese had been sprinkled on top, when we finally got her attention to ask, she said quite loud and disruptive to the other diners around us, "Do you want me to bring the chef out here?" I usually am always pleased with restaurants that are farm to table, but the awkward and unfriendly service will keep me from coming back. I recommend Claude & Uli in the same shopping center. Much more friendly staff and excellent food!

1 Thank goldilox057
Estero, Florida
“OMG!!! Doesn't say enough...”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite places. Lunch or dinner. All the food is so good. I tried almost everything on the menu. AMAZING!!!! (In my non singing voice). I usually don't give these kind of reviews b/c nothing is ever perfect. So far this place is very close to it. Good service and great food. There are a lot of restaurants to choose from in bluffton, and being here for 2 wks gave me a lot of time to try many places. This one is top of my list and a must to come back to over and over again. Sad thing is I live in Florida and I can't find southern cooking like this. Neo please come to Florida!!!!

Visited July 2013
Mantua,NJ
“Great Experience”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Even though I am staying on Hilton Head, it seemed like a good idea to try Neo. This restaurant is just over the bridge as you're leaving the island. This is a great new place where everyone is warmly welcomed. There's a little bit of everything on the menu. The chef, Russell Keane, has developed a menu that stresses locally sourced ingredients, such as fish, beef, and vegetables. There are also flatbread pizzas with some unusual toppings. I had a spinach salad that consisted of locally grown spinach, with shiitake and portabella mushrooms. There were tiny goat cheese fritters added to it. I love goat cheese and they were an interesting addition to this salad. I also tried the smoked gouda mac n' cheese. Penne pasta was used and it was covered in a wonderful gouda blend that held on to the pasta in a nice way.Even though it was considerd a side dish it was really enough as a main dish for me. I sat at the bar, and the staff couldn't be friendlier. I'll definitely make a return visit.

• Visited July 2013
“Very nice restaurant, but a little pricey to bring children”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended by another person we met in Hilton Head because they have these grest milkshakes with liquor. The drinks were great. I had a root beer float with Hennessey liquor that made me feel like a grown up kid. We ordered salads, pizza and country style chicken fingers. The salads were huge so we so happt we decided to share. The children loved the chicken, as well as the adults. The pizza was cooked to perfection. The only thing wrong with this place is that it was too expensive to bring children. There were no children prices. The children's milkshakes were $6 a piece, but otherwise it is a great place. Very good service and everyone was very friendly.