“NEO GOT ME A SECOND DATE!!”
Review of Neo - CLOSED

Neo
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 278
Description: NEO, awarded Best New Restaurant for 2013, is a Lowcountry farm to table gastropub passionately committed to great food and handcrafted cocktails. Chef Russell's farmhouse approach to food embraces the finest products from local producers, seasonality, and carefully sourced ingredients. From whimsical craft cocktails, thoughtfully selected wines, and craft beers, there is something for everyone to enjoy at the bar. The menu will change weekly with surprise daily additions to highlight seasonally available ingredients. Rock star chef & staff.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went in with a first date and Put my foot in my mouth repeatedly and spilled food on my shirt But she still wanted more? It had to be the food! I'll definately be back!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

By the way, NEO's Restaurant restaurant is located in Bluffton, SC, before the bridge to Hilton Head. It is In Moss Creek Village, a little shopping area in front of Moss Creek Plantation off of Hwy 278..

The was our first time at NEO's and I wanted to try the restaurant because they use grass-fed beef and local produce.

We were surprised how crowded the restaurant was for a Saturday! The restaurant is small, guessing about 15 tables plus eight bar stools, casually decorated and has a relaxing-pub feel that we liked. We could tell that most of the people were local by the SC-car plates in the lot. Word gets around in Bluffton/Hilton Head area, so we figured the food would be good.

The 'Angry Buffalo Burger' , that I ordered, comes with a side of your choice. I chose slaw, which was very good, The meat was so tasty that I did not use the accompaning spice-buffalo sauce or ketchup. I wish that the meat patty would have been a little larger

Hunter grass-fed beef is what the restaurant uses. I also purchase our meat at the Hunter Farm. It costs more than regular beef, but is worth it for its flavor and health benefits.
However, I still think that NEO's meat patty could have been larger. :-)

My husband ordered the 'blue-bacon cheesesteak' wtih shaved rib eye accompanied by a side of very lighly-battered onion rings. He said everything was very good!

The service staff really works well together, probably the most polite attention one could want during and after a meal.. The three waiters each checked on us twice.

After lunch, I made a reservation for a group of eight for early dining at NEO's next Saturday night. This staff said that they will set up our table ahead of time.

During happy hour, 4-6 PM, NEO's entire food & drink menu is 25% off, so our group will go early.

Will check back next week.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We finally came to try this place, the chef used to run one of our favorite restaurants and alot of our friends had recommended it to us. We weren't disappointed, they have a very intriguing selection of different food (we loved that they called their appetizers vittles!) - we opted for the specials, they were serving softshell crabs...the best we've ever had. we also tried the pork spareribs, and finally a steak and egg pizza that was the best pizza we have ever had hands down. Service was outstanding, i think the girl that waited on us was actually an owner. They have an amazing wine list, but the real excitement for us came with the cocktail list...we have never seen drinks like this around here, the sever suggested a few for us and we were blown away had to save some for the next trip, we will definitely be back!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Love the new addition of NEO to our choices of where we join others for a culinary experience that is absolutely amazing. The cuisine is always fresh and the marriage of ingredients that Chef Russell includes in every dish make dining an unforgetable experience! We have dinned on many occasions and have never been disappointed. Fortunately, NEO gets very busy and people who enjoy themselves tend to be a bit more vocal than usual which obviously increases the sound level. In our experience, the service has been top-notch and very helpful. The flatbread pies are NOT your average pizzas. The pasta is to die for with its rich creamy goodness. The grass-fed beef, pork and free-range chicken has excellent texture and flavor. Fresh-caught and harvested oysters, shrimp and fish are some of the best you will find in the Low Country. The atmosphere is creatively done with materials that express welcome and warmth (they even grow there own fresh seasonings on-site)! If you're tired of the ordinary and long for something new, give NEO a try. They won't disappoint (unless you are one of THOSE kinds of people who aren't happy, no matter what).

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Service was quick and efficient. Staff was knowledgeable and answered every question pertaining to the menu that I asked. One little blonde girl was especially helpful and friendly. We will definitely be back for the scallop special and succulent ribs. Finger lickin' good!