“Best Place to Eat Ever!!!!”
Review of Neo - CLOSED

Neo
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 278
Description: NEO, awarded Best New Restaurant for 2013, is a Lowcountry farm to table gastropub passionately committed to great food and handcrafted cocktails. Chef Russell's farmhouse approach to food embraces the finest products from local producers, seasonality, and carefully sourced ingredients. From whimsical craft cocktails, thoughtfully selected wines, and craft beers, there is something for everyone to enjoy at the bar. The menu will change weekly with surprise daily additions to highlight seasonally available ingredients. Rock star chef & staff.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just happened on this place and was so happy I did. The service was great and so was the food. You can tell it's all local because of the freshness.

3  Thank Barb S

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I ordered salmon with a bourbon glaze but the fish wasn't cooked correctly, it was overdone. The service was good, the wait staff very attentive but I just found the atmosphere noisy and distracting which is ridiculous when you're trying to talk to someone at dinner.

2  Thank Mary H
Reviewed February 1, 2013

After reading reviews from others I think we must have been there on a bad night. I can only comment on what we ate but it was not good. We went for their Restaurant Week menu. The place was busy when we arrived but we were seated immediately at a booth and the server was attentive. (by the way , why do so many restaurants in this area make you sit on a hard bench or chair with no cushion, All 4 of us ended up sitting on our coats ).
I started with a $9 glass of Reisling. It arrived warm, and barely over the bottom of the wineglass.
I ordered the crab and corn chowder. It arrived in a metal bowl -- a dull grey liquid that seemed to taste entirely of pepper. There was no sign of crab, maybe it had been pureed or something. There were also only a few kernels of corn. The advertised croutons were 2 lumps sticking out of this grey mess.
The main course was worse. I tried shrimp and lobster succotash. Yes, there were a few shrimp and a few pieces of lobster. The lima beans that the server said were part of the meal were absent. Instead there were a few black beans. It was swimming in a salty gravy . In the middle was a grits cake that was a giant salty lump. Inedible. When our plates were collected I mentioned this to the server .Soon after Mike, the manager appeared and said that so far ( it was just after 7pm ) 3 others had complained that the succotash was too salty to eat. They promised to check out why this happened.
In the end they comped my wine but actually none of it was worth it.

1  Thank stellajim
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Arrived to frowning maitre di who suspiciously asked us for phone number. She eventually "found" reservation. I asked to sit in empty booth and was refused as it was a "four top". She sat us in back corner with walls on three sides of our "four top" table. Think the back of a walk in closet. Later went to rest room and couple was in booth. Ordered Salmon and when delivered it was purple red and refrigerator cold. Sent it back and it was returned cold and uncooked. Asked waitress to touch it, she did, and said, "oh my God". I lost my appetite. Man dressed in plaid shirt came over (he did'nt introduce itself) and said his guys in kitchen were having problems. Ordered French press coffee and arrived with press pushed down and not brewed (weak). No charge for Salmon but no offer for drink, desert etc. Never again.

1  Thank jcrowley1946
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is one of "THE" new hot spots in HHI and Bluffton. I've yet to have anything that isn't outstanding. Do yourself a favor and pop to the Bluffton side of the bridge for Neo?

Can you say blue cheese cheesesteak?

1  Thank chasadchick