“NEO HHI - Artful, delicious food!!!”
Review of Neo - CLOSED

Neo
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 278
Description: NEO, awarded Best New Restaurant for 2013, is a Lowcountry farm to table gastropub passionately committed to great food and handcrafted cocktails. Chef Russell's farmhouse approach to food embraces the finest products from local producers, seasonality, and carefully sourced ingredients. From whimsical craft cocktails, thoughtfully selected wines, and craft beers, there is something for everyone to enjoy at the bar. The menu will change weekly with surprise daily additions to highlight seasonally available ingredients. Rock star chef & staff.
“NEO HHI - Artful, delicious food!!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

AWESOME dinner last night @ Neo HHI! Chef Russell's creativity knows no bounds... The place looks fabulous, food was artful and delicious {farm fresh deviled eggs, organic grassfed steak tartare, sweet & spicy calamari, down south steak & eggs X 2 & two flatbread pies} and the service was excellent! This is our fourth time eating here... You must try this restaurant...

3 Thank Anne C

“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was excited to try this new restaurant because I have eaten Chef Russel's food before and loved everything! I ordered the short ribs and was very disappointed when they arrived because there was hardly any meat on the plate - mostly large hunks of fat. The meat was very tasty though - I just wish they would have removed the large pieces of fat before serving it. The crab corn chowder was delicious.

I will give them another chance since this is a new restaurant.

4 Thank Cynthia C
Horseheads
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful New Addition”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently came across this new restaurant and wanted to say how much I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the exemplary service at this fine restaurant. I brought my family for dinner and it was such a great experience I went back a number of times for lunch with some of my friends. We all had a wonderful time and would highly recommend this to both family as well as for meetings. the decor is perfect for this location and I'm going to go back as often as I can!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank William M
okatie
“Just OK”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went there with friends and really wanted to like this restaurant but it was just OK. Farm to table is how it is advertised. When the four of us got there we were taken to our seat and we asked for a booth that was open but were told that was only for reservations and we said we had one but were then told oh no that is for friends of the general manager. Ok so we got a table and no one ever sat in the booth during dinner. What gives. We ordered dinner and had the bacon steak (pork belly), short ribs and two people had fish. Bacon steak was just too fatty. Not crisp and I love pork belly but this was just too fatty. The short ribs were just so so no meat on the bones which is really surprising. The fish had berneise sauce which was put on cold. My wife asked for warm sauce and was told it would break if they warmed it. I guess my question is do they keep cold sauce and put it on warm food? For the price they should put warm sauce on the food. The corn and crab chowder was excellent but like so many restaurants they get the appetizers right but fail on the entrees.

I won't be back

4 Thank prosell
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Delicious from beginning to end !!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

A group of us went to NEO, formerly Upper Crust in Moss Creek Village, Hilton Head, SC. It was delicious. I had Eggplant Parm with spaghetti and loved it. Came with a huge "side" salad and our waitress,Jesse, was THE BEST !!! All 8 of us enjoyed it very much and will be back. Very reasonably priced. Chef & Owner Russell Keane, great job !!!

• Visited September 2012