“Excellent burgers!!!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Excellent burgers!!!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

One of the best meals we had all week... And the cheapest. I had the build your own burger which was $8.50 with one side. I had the sweet potato tater tots which were great, but the burger was amazing? My husband had the "Champ" burger with rosemary truffle fries and both were wonderful! We're just sorry we waited until out last night to try it.

Greenville, SC
“Nice outdoor dining/music, great burgers”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We visit HHI about once a month, but first visit to Charbar. Saw it in Taste magazine. The burgers are as good as reviews say but your only choices are rare, medium and well done. We tried the onion rings and rosemary fries. Onion rings were cold and mostly just breading, fries were soggy. You can only get craft beers on tap, there were 5 or so to choose from. We ate outside and the music was nice, but we wished we had some bug spray because we got eaten alive. We will revisit.

• Visited September 2013
“Great made to order Burgers”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This place has great made to order burgers, pick your bun ( I had a pretzel bun) your meat( beef, chicken turkey etc). Then select cheeses ( I had Goat Cheese). Finally you select your sauces I had a Southwestern sauce on mine. They have great rosemary truffle fries I personally got the blue cheese homemade potato chips. I mainly went here to watch the Monday night football game. This was the first Monday they were open for the season so they were not very busy not a vibrant crowd, But I understand on any given night they are very busy. They have a few different microbrews not a huge selection. So we ended up eating here and then watching the football game someplace else. Also it was raining in their big screen outside was not on. On a nice night this would be a great place to watch the Monday night football game.

“Great burgers!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were sat outside with great entertainment. We ordered the burgers which are freshly grounded on site. Great flavor. Servers seem disorganized and fries were cold, but over all, a great meal.

Hilton Head Island, SC
“Why the changes?”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I believe we can be called "regulars" at Charabar...we live locally and have dined here at least 10 X in the last year...we take visitors and it is a standard for us...last night,Thursday,arrived to meet friends at 630p, seated outside and had a server hand-off to another young lady immediately and the problems began;

-our initial wine choice was unavailable after "happy our"
-waited ONE and ONE HALF hours for our regular order (hamburgers, chicken sandwich)
-Typical order of onion rings 1/2 the usual size
-no toppings on my burger

The visiting family of four / two kids were already seated next to us when we got there and were still not served after two hours...

Very UNTYPICAL and a bad experience...What happened??

1 Thank kt_allenbach
CharbarCo, Owner at Charbar Co, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit with us. Unfortunately, last Thursday was a perfect storm of employees calling out due to sickness, or personal emergencies and as a result we were running with half of our typical kitchen and waitstaff. To make matters worse, it was one of our busier nights at Charbar as I'm sure you could see that we couldn't keep up with everyone on par with our normal standards.

Management tried to make it to every table that suffered as a result of long ticket times or haphazard service, but it sounds like you may not have gotten a chance to speak w/ management while on site. I want to take this opportunity to extend a big apology for falling short of your usual expectations for your Charbar experience. Since you are a regular, I'm sure you are aware that this is not a commonplace occurrence.

Please feel free to contact us at 843-785-2427 and ask to speak with a manager to discuss the issue further, as we will make sure we make the situation right. Thank you for understanding, we look forward to hearing from you and exceeding expectations on your next visit!