“Fantastic BBQ!!”

Bullies
Ranked #17 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

So glad I read the reviews for Bullies! We always look for good local BBQ on vacation & were beyond satisfied with our selection.

We went on a Sunday night at 6p, luckily it wasn't very busy since the seating is very limited. They do have picnic tables outside as well.

We had a party of 4 & all got something different so we could share. A pulled pork sandwich platter, pulled chicken sandwich platter, brisket sandwich platter and a half slab of ribs cost just under $50, which is pretty average for most BBQ joints. Everything was INCREDIBLE! Words don't describe how tasteful it was.

If BBQ is your thing, this is a must try!

1  Thank Matt F
There are newer reviews for Bullies

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I went back three times during my week trip in Hilton Head. I couldn't get enough of the great ribs and that rub! The chicken and brisket were yummy too. My friends had the sandwiches but I always had ribs. Great side dishes.

I knew after I looked up BBQ in Hilton Head that a small joint next to the gas station is where you wanted to get the best BBQ. Boy was I right.

The great food wasn't the only reason I went back the owner chef was just the nicest guy. I really wanted to support his great clean cooking. He uses quality ingredients to make great food. He cares about what he does. I personally want to support a small business making great food at good prices.

If you are a dog lover this place is for you as the owners named the place after their french bulldogs.

2  Thank ThelmaVickroy
Reviewed June 27, 2014

VERY VERY VERY good!!!! Our resort recommended Bullies to us for BBQ and we're so glad that they did. It was definitely at the top of the best BBQ we've ever had. The staff was also very friendly to us. If I lived in Hilton Head, I would eat here often!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Can't say enough about this place . And believe me I stop at every BBQ place I can when I travel. This place is The Best !!!
Meats Juicy, and cooked to perfection. The ribs have a rub to die for. I personally hate coleslaw but my wife insisted I try it and then; I finished hers. ( sorry hunny ). we had a family meal and EVERYTHING was eaten. The Jalapeno Cornbread was moist flavorful. I spoke with BOB, I think he was the owner and he thanked me for coming in and asked what I tried. I complimented him on the rub for the Ribs and he asked if I like Baked beans. I said yes and he gave me a sample portion to try.... MMMMMMM...... MMMMMM I reluctantly saved a spoonful for my wife as I knew she liked baked beans also... She was busy with the kids so didn't try them till we were closer to our Hotel. ( all the while I was looking over at the small helping of baked beans thinking , well maybe she doesn't want any) Then she grabbed the spoon and tried them. She started describing the ingredients. She was tasting , after a few seconds she asked me ..." Honey did you try these". yes I said I told you I saved you the last bite. ( I said as I was licking the sample cup. Umn then why didn't you buy more.. !!
Anyway place is great , if you are in the area and like bbq , You'll love Bullies!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Although Bullies BBQ is road front on Hilton Head Island, it is not what I call a tourist spot. Very much a casual, locals spot that has good food in a clean environment at reasonable prices. This is what I love in a BBQ joint, it's all about the food. So if you are a tourist visiting or a local that forgot how much you like BBQ, stop into Bullies and try them out.