“Real SC Bar-B-Cue”

Bullies
Ranked #14 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Driving down route 278, I screeched to a U-turn, upon seeing an unfamiliar sign for Bar-B-Cue on Hilton Head Island. Knowing that Bucky's in Greenville is considered one of the best in the south, I'd see how this compares. The offerings are similar. The fare is the usual pulled pork, ribs and chicken. They also offer brisket. Sides are coleslaw, baked beans, collard greens, cornbread and mac and cheese. Unfortunately, you won't find sweet potato casserole topped with crumbly brown sugar. My son liked the pulled pork sandwich. I had the 1/2 slab of ribs. i was pleasantly surprised by it's dry rub. So much so that, although there were 4 bar-b-cue sauces at the condiments stand (which I tried) I preferred the dry ribs. If Bar-b-cue is what you're looking for, give Bullies a try. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We got the family pack that served 2-3 people. It could have served 5!!! Excellent! the corn bread was excellent, the meat was melt in your mouth. Not crazy about the mac and cheese but the rest was worth it. The price was great and you can write your name etc.. on the walls when you get in there.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the standard brisket sandwich combo. Very good, the fries were really good too. Seating is very small area, but was fine for us, since it wasn't crowded. Good sauces.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I kept this place in mind, thanks to Tripadvisor, just in case hubby and I craved BBQ while celebrating our anniversary in Hilton Head. Glad I kept it in mind because it was our lunch stop on the way home to Charleston. The food was very good. I had the BBQ half rack ribs dinner with fries and slaw. Hubby had one of the pork sandwich combos. We both enjoyed our dishes very much. The resturant itself is simple and small but clean so dont judge the food by the outside appearance, like I did.
One of the managers/owners? let us sample some of the collard greens and it was delicious. You have your pick of the different sauces but the ribs were tasty without the bbq sauce. We ordered the family pack to take home. Oh and dont forget to sign the wall before leaving! We will be back.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were a group of 8, got the family meal which consisted of pulled chicken, pork, brisket, ribs, mac/cheese, coleslaw, jalepeno cornbread...all for $100. We even had leftovers for the next day. The sauces were great, especially the slow burn and original. Will go back for sure!