“Great Ribs”

Ranked #16 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Great Ribs”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I give Bullies and average rating based on atmosphere. The BBQ is great and especially the Ribs. Located in what used to be a bakery it feels like a fast food restaurant but it's not fast food. The portions are big and the rubs are very good. They don't serve beer or wine so I would use it as a place for lunch or take out. A full rack of ribs on Wed's is $15.

Avon Park, Florida
“Terrific BBQ”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were looking for something different and decided to go with BBQ for our last night on the island. Consulted Trip Advisor and saw that this restaurant was rated right up there...so off we went. Do NOT be put off by its location (gas station next door). The food was delicious. I usually do not eat BBQ out because my son-in-law makes the best and nothing comes close to what he makes. This did. We got the Mombo Combo (2 of us ate it and didn't come close to finishing it). It was all good. I'd like to respond to the review that asks, "where's the sauce?" Holy cow...you had a choice of 5 different delicious sauces?! My fav being the sweet sauce. The staff was very personable and friendly. It was fun reading all the writing on the walls and about "bullies" - the French bulldogs. I would highly recommend this establishment.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Sauce anyone? Where's the sauce?”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We ordered two pulled pork sandwiches. There was no sauce on either. They were dry and tasteless. Thank goodness we had some Sonic BBQ sauce at our hotel room so we could put it on our sandwich otherwise it would have been inedible! Big servings, but not tasty at all.

1 Thank golfergirldc
Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
“Great value for great food”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We found this place when we rode our bicycles to have breakfast at Stacks which is located next door. My husband saw the big sign advertising ribs. I came back and did some research and found that many people had given it good reviews so we decided to try it for lunch today. The atmosphere is basic. A local who eats here regularly told us that it used to be a bakery. It kind of looks like a donut shop conversion. There are only 4 tables and then a bunch of stools at a bar attached to the front window. A lot of local workers come there for lunch so if you get there at the lunch hour, you may have trouble finding a seat. Luckily we got there right at noon and had no trouble; however before we left, most of the seats were taken. You place your order at the counter and they bring it out to you. The sandwiches are huge. No need to get the large (we had the regular size) unless you missed breakfast or want to take some home. My husband had the brisket and I had the pulled pork. The combo comes with fries, coleslaw, and a drink. I saw someone else's baked beans and asked if I could substitute it for the fries. They said no problem and it was the best decision of the day. The beans are to die for!!!! The best tri-color baked beans with just the right amount of smokey flavor and a little kick. The coleslaw appeared to be freshly made and the sandwiches were big. My only disappointment was that the meat itself was not smoked. Very well cooked and very tender but count on putting one of their great sauces on it get get the real barbecue flavor. I had the red sauce and my husband preferred the Carolina mustard sauce. The total bill for both of our meals was $18. We were stuffed and very satisfied. We will definitely go back. For a no nonsense, good food, great value - give Bullies a try.

Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing BBQ!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were looking for some great BBQ on our last night in Hilton Head and stumbled onto Bullies via Trip Advisor. What a delicious surprise! We got a brisket sandwich and the Mombo Combo (a little bit of everything and could easily feed 2 people) -- both were amazing! I personally don't think that you couldn't order anything bad at Bullies! Bob is a talented pit master and just a really friendly restaurant owner! Our only wish...that we had discovered this place sooner so we could have eaten there a few more times!

Bob and Bullies, see you the next time we are on the island!