Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
A Must Do for your Hilton Head Experience!

What a wonderful experience! I've lived on Hilton Head for 35 years and have been on many a boat... read more

Reviewed October 23, 2018
hiltnhd
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Commander Zodiac

Awesome experience with Captain Todd. The strand feeding of the dolphins was the ultimate treat to... read more

Reviewed September 22, 2018

from $30.00
from $35.00
from $45.00
More Info
All reviews captain todd dolphin tour sand dollars sand bar strand feeding hour tour shrimp boat beautiful dolphins boat ride dolphin watch marine life dolphins including disappearing island salty dog highly recommend this trip dozen dolphins south beach marina
Reviewed June 30, 2015

Last year, I went to a camp called Commander Zodiac because I wanted to learn how to operate a sailboat. I learned so much, I want to buy a boat.

Date of experience: July 2014
1  Thank Oatmas64134
Reviewed June 29, 2015 via mobile

Wow! We took our five year old daughter (who loves dolphins) and the trip exceeded our expectations! Our captain found a shrimp boat that dolphins were following and we literally couldn't count how many dolphins we saw. Some of the highlights were dolphins a few feet from the boat and seeing three dolphins come to the surface at the same time.

The staff when we booked was so friendly! Our captain, Matt, was also very friendly and knowledgeable about dolphins and the island.

The boat ride itself was enjoyable.

It was absolutely worth the price.

(Pictures don't do it justice. It was amazing!)

Reviewed June 27, 2015

The captain was great. I loved seeing the dolphins. We saw a Mama & Baby. I loved holding a cannon ball jelly fish!!! I also loved feeling the ocean water on my face. Great experience!!!

Reviewed June 25, 2015

We've been out with Commander Zodiac almost every year for 20 years and this year was our most amazing trip ever. Matt picked up on the fact that we'd already seen lots of the normal sights and took us straight back to the salt marsh where we saw the dolphins strand fish eight different times. We've only seen it once before and this was super amazing. A good size pod (10 dolphins or so) including a mom and baby of maybe three of four weeks. After the pod had pretty well decimated the shoal of fish, we stayed and watched mom teaching her little one how to coral the fish and drive them toward the shore. She even pushed him up toward the shore a bit.

Add to this: a small loggerhead turtle, a shark leaping clear out of the water chasing a fish and a great blue heron who was letting the dolphin do all the work and then grabbing the spare fish when they were done. Really, really amazing.

Thank you, Matt. Thank you, Commander Zodiac.

3  Thank Anne Louise C
Reviewed June 25, 2015 via mobile

Best Dolphin trip on Hilton Island. Very knowledgable captain of marine life and area marsh waterways. Tour by zodiac is nice and very cooling ocean breeze.