“Miracle Worker”

Back In Balance Wellness Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The mission of Back In Balance is to restore, inspire, and promote balance and well being in the bodies, minds, and souls of clients. We strive to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of clients. Our philosophy is to complement the body's desire to find balance through quality bodywork.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I carry a lot of stress through my trapes, resulting in chronic tension headaches. Every time I visit Mike, he literally gets me "back in balance" and gets the job done. A one-hour massage with him gives me relief from headaches without having to take a muscle relaxer, making it possible to workout efficiently and effectively, then go to work pain free.

1  Thank Stingraerae
"heavy lifting"
"sports related"
"massage therapist"
in 9 reviews
"look forward to my next visit"
"problem areas"
"next year"
"pain"
in 44 reviews

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My lower back pain prevented me from being able to workout for months, and made it difficult to even get around during the day. A one-hour massage with Mike has allowed me to get back into the gym and moving around with ease. I'm even sleeping better at night now because of the relief.

1  Thank walsh24
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was in the area on vacation... woke up one morning with severe back pain after bodysurfing and playing in the ocean with my young son. I could hardly stand up, the pain was debilitating. Having only had a massage once in my life, it wasn't on my radar. My wife mentioned getting a massage. After quickly reading reviews (while in pain) on TA, Mike (Back in Balance) quickly stood out. I called that morning, Mike was very personable over the phone. He had a last minute opening and was able to get me in that afternoon! Back in Balance is extremely clean with a soothing atmosphere. Mike is very personable and knowledgeable.... he was able to target my problem area very effectively. The massage was phenomenal. Mike saved my vacation. My pain wasn't completely gone, by I felt vastly improved, and continued to bodysurf and enjoy the ocean during the rest of the week without problems. My wife and I will be visiting Mike next year!

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed November 15, 2012

It happened again out of nowhere, I bent over, twisted the wrong way and my lower back "went out". The pain was horrible and could barely walk or stand up straight. Having this happen a few times in my life, I know the road to recovery is slow and painful. The last thing I would think of is a deep tissue massage while in so much pain. That being said, friends continued to tell me to see Mike Christensen as he has helped others with similar problems. I went and hobbled up on the massage table. Not expecting much and worried about more discomfort, I was amazed with the results. While not cured, the massage actually felt good, relieved a lot of tension and my pain level was reduced by 50% at the end of the massage. Additionally, Mike is professional, talented and makes you feel comfortable. If you are looking for a credible and talented massage therapist; reasonable rates in a clean and professional environment go see magic Mike!

1  Thank Bryan B
See more reviews
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I recently started working out at a local CrossFit after YEARS of no exercise. While training for my first competition, I wasn't paying attention to my form and really hurt my right shoulder and left elbow. I only had two days to do something about it and and came across Back In Balance. Mike (the owner) was able to get me in that day. After an hour of attention, I went home and gently stretched and hydrated the best I could before the competition. I'm going to cut to the chase here. The exercise I did when I hurt myself was a squat clean (Google it). Not only was I able to reach the weight I had attained during training, I achieved the next weight up! I KNOW for a fact that had I not gone to Back In Balance this never would have happened. Thank you Mike! This place is exactly what you'd hope it would be. Period.

1  Thank BigPoppaStu