“The BEST massage EVER!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Back In Balance Wellness Spa

Back In Balance Wellness Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The mission of Back In Balance is to restore, inspire, and promote balance and well being in the bodies, minds, and souls of clients. We strive to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of clients. Our philosophy is to complement the body's desire to find balance through quality bodywork.
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The BEST massage EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I bought a Groupon to try Aromatherapy Massage for services at Back In Balance. In the past I have experienced many massages on trips, cruises and local. This was the BEST I have ever experienced. Although the location was not right near my home, it was worth the travel to Hilton Head Island. Michael Christensen was very professional and knowledgeable about sports therapy. As a new runner I had back and neck stress from running and work. Michael's own personal experience with running and education knew where I needed help. I walked out of the Spa a new person. Saving my $$ to go back and get another Armomatherapy Massage.

1 Thank Lynn S

Hilton Head Island, SC
“Massage therapy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have been going for a weekly massage at Back in Balance since May 2012. Mike is a very experienced massage therapist. I have been going to massage therapists for over 30 years. I can honestly state that Mike with the best therapist that i have ever encountered. I had injuied my right hip and thigh from a terrible fall. Mike really worked on this area to relieve the spasms that I had from my fall. I had to leave HHI for two months but as soon as I return I return to have my weekly massage. I highly recommend Mike to anyone who needs relief from discomfort, back pain or just to enjoy a great massage. I am 72, Mike encouraged me to do bike riding after I started feeling a lot better. Now I bike about 10 miles every other day thanks to his encourgement.
Martha Pike

Visited May 2012
1 Thank marthapike
Hilton Head, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING Massage-Best Price in Hilton Head!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have had numerous massages from Mike at Back In Balance, and it is no wonder why he is so popular with the local athletic community. His athletic background allows him to work out the aches and pains for weekend warriors to serious athletes, and leaves me feeling ready to hit the gym again! His $60 Local Rate, as well as $60 First Time Client special shows that he more concerned with helping get people "Back Into Balance" than charging sky-rocketed price like alot of the local spas. If your local for a relaxing, therapeutic and professional massage, be sure to visit Back In Balance and ask for Mike.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“Best massage ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have had several massages with Mike. Mike Christensen is extremely professional, knowledgable and most importantly, receptive to what my needs are in order to feel better and relieve stress. The spa is clean, comfortable and inviting. Mike makes you feel like you have truly be on a mini escape and walk away refreshed and renewed. Visit Mike at Back In Balance...you will be glad you did! Thanks Mike!

1 Thank SherryDeSimone
Maryville, Tennessee
“Great help with unexpected injury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

While visiting Hilton Head Island in July 2012, I experienced an unusual shoulder injury. I Googled massage, made a quick appointment, and was treated by a therapist who told me I was breathing wrong. Needless to say that wasn't the problem, and my pain persisted. While trying to stretch at a nearby gym, I asked some friendly locals who else might be able to help, and they told me about Mike Christensen.
My therapy with Mike was great. Throughout the massage, he explained what was probably causing the pain, how he was treating it, and afterwards, provided advice about continual care. Mike was beyond helpful and simply amazing--in fact, I am continuing to follow his instructions.
My experience at Back In Balance was excellent, and I recommend Mike Christensen without reservations.

Visited July 2012