“THE BEST Japanese & sushi place around!”
Review of Okko

Okko
Reserve with OpenTable
Okko is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed April 1, 2013

As Hilton Head locals, we decided to check out Okko Japanese restaurant today for lunch, and as it turned out, our experience at this establishment was one of the best we have had at any of the 250+ restaurants on Hilton Head!

THE ATMOSPHERE
Okko has one of THE nicest, swankiest interiors I have ever seen in a restaurant. (BUT, without the high prices!) When you step into Okko, it's as if you are stepping into another world....one which takes you away from all the stressors of the outside world. Okie has been artfully designed, with an immense amount of attention paid to every bit of the interior, which oozes class, sexiness, swankiness, and relaxation. Ambient, dark-blue accent lighting, rich wood and stone finishes surround you, and ambient, down-tempo trance music plays in the background. There are a variety of seating areas at Okko, including traditional Hibachi-tables, a fantastic bar area with televisions, traditional restaurant seating (booths), a sushi bar, as well as an outdoor area, as well. Okko would be best suited for a romantic date night out, a business meeting, a girls night, or night out with friends. The atmosphere is a bit high-end for children.

THE SERVICE
Our waitress was very sweet and knowledgeable about the menu. She was attentive, and more importantly, the food was presented to us in an incredibly timely fashion.

THE FOOD & MENU
All-around PHENOMENAL. The menu is very large, and offers a variety of choices, ranging from many sushi options, to Japanese hibachi-style dishes, as well as Thai options, too. My husband ordered hibachi chicken, which was delicious and came with a variety of sauces, salad, rice, and vegetables, and I ordered the 2-roll sushi lunch special, which was also wonderful, and included soup. The food was freshly-prepared, artfully and skillfully presented, and the portions were plentiful. Additionally, the value was fantastic, as our bill was < $20.00!

In summation, we are already talking about the next time we will visit Okko....it is definitely one of the "hidden gems" of Hilton Head dining!

2  Thank ColleenBills

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just got back from dinner at the restaurant and this is a jem on the north end. Lychee sakatini is awesome. I had the sashime deluxe and it is the best on the island. FRESH wasabi. The presentation is incredible. It had a glow cube, fern fronds and euclapitis leaves. We will be back for mother's day and maybe an anniversary. I will push for us to have lunch there from work as well. Just wish that they had uni. You may need a reservation now because it is tourist season. We did not have one so we sat at the the sushi bar and had an awesome comp appitezer. Can not wait to go back!

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful food! Loves the sushi and a great wine list. Thai menu is also awesome. We will be back for sure!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Make reservations if you are planning to dine on a Friday or Saturday night. I had the Pad Thai with chicken and it was wonderful. My husband had the Mongolian Beef and enjoyed the flavor and the lack of veggies... just a meat and potato man. Service was outstanding and seating in the bar area was very comfortable(we didn't make reservations). They do have tables outside, weather permitting.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Okko is beautiful - the decor is all straight lines, modern blue lights and chrome, with dance club boom-boom backdrop. The lighting is just bright enough to see the menu if you squint. I'm sure the presentation of the dishes is beautiful, but in the restaurant's gloom, how can you tell? When you examine the extensive menu it's immediately apparent that Okko's chefs have attempted to innovate. Most of the specialty rolls include tempura for a southern-fried crunch. I searched for a roll that didn't crunch and got one that had tuna and salmon, but some sweet mango snuck in there, and I didn't notice that on the menu. I like sushi, plain and simple. Any effort to add nouvelle cuisine to my rice and fish is an exercise in pretense to me. My advice is if you want modern New York sleek and new sushi interpretations, this is your place. If you want raw fish and rice balls, save twenty bucks and try someplace a little more funky.