“Nice place”
Review of Okko

Okko
Reserve with OpenTable
Okko is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We gave this place a try because it was closer to where we were staying than Asian Bistro was and we really enjoyed Asian Bistro the last time we were in Hilton Head.

The atmosphere was lovely. The setting is good for all types of occasions, from romantic to business dinner and everything in between. The food was really good. We had a couple of appetizers and a few special rolls. Everybody liked everything that was served.

I agree with the comments about the slow service. I don't know where the problem stemmed from but our waitress seemed more interested in talking to us than serving us. She could have cut back on the chatter. After a while, it felt disruptive.

I would go there again, hoping for different wait staff.

3  Thank Jane R

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've been to OKKO several times and every time it is great ! The place is modern and very clean . The staff is always friendly and attentive. The service is always great. The sushi is very fresh and the rolls are awesome. If you eat in the habachi area it is always fun and food is great. All and all it is a great ! I've always come out satisfied. It's a must for people that love sushi or any type of japenese fusion type food , my favorite on the island.

2  Thank Sparky696
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We heard great things about this place - how beautiful it is, how beautiful the food is, and so on. I have to say, when we walked in and saw the wall of wine encased in glass and all the tile and stone we thought this is going to be awesome. And that's about where the good part ended. Our service was slow. Our server didn't know the beverages we ordered. We got the wrong drinks, delivered by someone else. Worse, the place was busy. My husband had thai food and I opted for sushi. Value?! We ate at Nobu last time we visited New York City and I remarked that $15 seems like an awful lot for a sushi roll. This place has rolls for $15, $16, and $17!! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the presentation, but for that price, I expect something REALLY good, not something average. I would call it "imitation sushi" - you know, average fish that is dressed up to look good, but the taste just isn't there. Too much going on. My husbands thai food was average and a little spicy to be honest. The food was slow arriving and our server was at times, nowhere to be found. We had dinner at Hinoki while we were in town - the fish was awesome and we met Chi Chi at the sushi bar. He made us wonderfully artistic food which was simpler, better and far less expensive. We also had lunch at the Ruan Thai Hut after playing golf in Hilton Head Plantation. It's very small, but the food was excellent. The morale of the story is, if you want good sushi, go to Hinoki. If you want good thai food, go to Ruan. And if you want good service, go somewhere else. Such a shame because I agree - the place is one of the prettiest restaurants I've seen.

2  Thank Jane M
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The food is amazing & the staff is too. The chicken in the soup & my meal was very juicy & not dried out one bit. This is a really great place. I went for lunch with friends & we all liked it a lot. My friends I went with have gone there quite a bit for both lunch & dinner. One of their favorites.

2  Thank cjnrp
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We made a last minute reservation and were almost seated immediately when we arrived despite how busy they were. Did not have Hibachi, but the meal we had was served quickly, fresh and beautifully prepared. Servers were friendly and on top of every detail. The menu has something for everyone, Sushi, Thai specialties, and Chinese dishes gives you a lot to choose from. Neon lit bars and music are also a nice touch to kick the atmosphere up another notch. Nicely done Okko, will definitely recommend.

3  Thank PM2313