“Great Trips”
Review of Harbour Town Adventures - CLOSED

Harbour Town Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Harbour Town Adventures Enviro Tours have been operating out of Harbour Town Yacht Basin since 1993 and is Hilton Head Islands premiere adventure company. Enviro Tours Explore the Calibogue Sound and surrounding waterways on an Enviro Tour! Discover Atlantic Bottlenose dolphin, sea turtles, eagles, and other marine wildlife in their natural habitat. Adventure over to Daufuskie Island and comb the beach for shells, or slow down and take a step back in time. Relax and take in the beauty of a lowcountry sunset, while touring the salt marshes and tidal creeks. Whatever you choose it's bound to be an adventure, that's fun for all ages!
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have been going on dolphin tours with Harbour Town Adventures, Enviro tours for many years. We have always had great trips. This year we took two trips and they were great. It is hard to excite an 18 year old boy about nature but he was so excited he wanted to do it again and so did his girl friend so we went again. Each trip was different and we saw a lot of dolphins and saw them doing different things including following a group of them up the Cooper river in the backwaters. In each trip the dolphins were up close and personal.
John T.

1  Thank John P
There are newer reviews for Harbour Town Adventures

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Upon booking our trip with Harbortown Adventures several weeks ago to/from Daufuski Isalnd, we asked to be picked up and returned to Harbourtown at 5:30 and they agreed to do so (specifically because other tours only allow 3 – 4 hours on the Island and we wanted more time there). When we left for the Island in the morning, 4 golfers joined us and they had scheduled a 4:00 pick up back to Harbortown. Both the girl in the booth at Harbortown and the driver aboard the zodiac asked us if we wanted to come back at 4:00. Both told us to call if we did. We called at 12:30ish and left a message on their vmail that we’d like to return at 4:00. We called several times between 4 and 5:30 and no one returned our call to let us know what was going on. We were at the landing at 4:00. We were NOT picked up until 5:30. Apparently the golfers called and asked to be picked up at 5:30. NO ONE called us back - NO ONE apologized either!!! They wasted our time and did not make amends with a simple “sorry”! I know they simply ignored our request and only wanted to return to the island once. This is unacceptable behavior for anyone working in a service industry – had they called and said the golfers requested a 5:30 pickup, we would have agreed to the same and spent more time enjoying the beautiful day at the open-air bar with their great entertainers, but no, we wasted our vacation time waiting alone on a dock for a zodiac that wasn't to arrive for a very long time...totally unacceptable!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I am a Hilton Head local & have long since been a fan of Harbour Town Adventures. I had a group of friends visiting from college, most who had never been to the Island before, and decided to schedule a sunset enviro tour trip. It was an excellent trip, our captain (Jay) was perfect and we really felt as though we explored and saw so much! My visitors were absolutely blown away by the numbers of dolphin we saw- and how close they came to us! We had a great time exploring through the estuaries, watching pelicans dive, checking out the shrimp boats and learning so much about the area and wildlife! The views of the Harbour Town Marina & lighthouse are perfect & make great photo ops, and the sunset was absolutely beautiful. We packed some light snacks & beverages and the entire trip was absolutely perfect! When it was time for my visitors to go home, we were talking about the best parts of the trip & every single one named this as their highlight of the weekend- and we had a lot of fun all weekend! Absolutely recommended!!

1  Thank Suzanne T
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went on the 2 Hour Beach Combing Trip with our two little boys (7 & 2). They loved the whole experience!!! Looking for dolphins, riding in the boat, exploring the vanishing island at low tide and even getting a chance to drive the boat!! We loved every minute of the trip! We will definitely do this again next summer!!

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

My kids wanted to drive waverunners but haven't ever done it. I thought a guided tour would be better than just throwing them out there. They explained how to work the waverunner really quickly. Told us to drive the waverunner out to the meeting location which was pretty far out. My daughter couldn't figure out how to make the waverunner go once we were pushed out into the ocean. I was on the back of this triple with another child in front of me so I couldn't help. She finally figured it out and we went out to the meeting point to wait on the guide who took quite a while to come out. We thought we had to wait there so lost some time using the waverunner waiting out there. When he came we followed him out into calm waters where my child got much better at working the waverunner. The guide found some dolphins for us and we got really close to them. It started to rain and my child did not bring her sun glasses or buy their goggles. BiG MISTAKE!. She had to wear mine to see to drive. Saltwater in your eyes and rain pelting you in the face not fun. Bring sunglasses or get their goggles is a must! Riding the waverunner with my child driving in the ocean not so much fun. But she liked it more in the calm waters than the ocean. So the enviro tour was worth it for that reason. Advertisement I had said free tshirt for the tour. When I asked about it they said no they don't do that this year.