“The Inn is nice...but don't come in your company vehicle!!!”

and 1 more site!
Inn & Club at Harbour Town - Sea Pines Resort
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 1, 2007

The Inn at Sea Pines is a very beautiful resort; the accomodations are nice (though pricey) and the staff is very helpful.

However, once you leave the Inn, you are in trouble!

As I am here on business, I traveled to the resort in my company SUV. The SUV has a magnet on the passenger and driver door that identifies my company. It is very tasteful and is not obnoxious or over-the-top.

I was told by the gate security that I would have to remove the magnets or I would have to leave! The security guard was VERY rude and nasty. Apparently the Sea Pines homeowner's association has bylaws against any advertisement on vehicles. This was not mentioned (of course) when I made my reservation. And, apparently, the Inn is managed separately from the rest of the resort. In other words, this won't be your normal lodging experience... You are at the mercy of a homeowners association that apprently doesn't like visitors behind their gates.

These magnets have been on my vehicle for almost 5 years...to pull them off would mean pulling off the paint finish on my doors.

I was then told that I could pay to "store" my vehicle in public storage, as I would not be allowed in the resort otherwise. I am spending over $1,000 to stay here for 4 days. This is very unreasonable and is poor customer service for business travelers.

I could understand if this was disclosed to me...I could have easily driven another vehicle.

This has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I won't be staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank bjk156
There are newer reviews for Inn & Club at Harbour Town - Sea Pines Resort

Reviewed August 22, 2007

The Inn at Harbour Town is not on the beach nor is it walking distance to a decent beach. That being said it is still a nice location. Harbour Town is 3 minutes away with its charming shops, restaurants and yachts docked in the harbour. There is a complimentary trolley that runs to the Sea Pines beach every 20 minutes. The young staff at the Inn are predominantly European and are all very eager to please. The decor is charming and afternoon cheese and snacks on the veranda are wonderful. Bikes are complimentary and are the preferred mode of transportation on Hilton Head. Make sure to eat at CQ's a three minute walk from the hotel. Skip eating at any of the touristy restaurants next to the lighthouse, they are nasty although the view is nice.

• Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank scrutinizing
Reviewed May 21, 2007

This is a very lovely and upscale island. The inn is an excellent choice. Right smack in the middle of tennis (21 courts) Harbourtown with all it's lovey charm and the amazing beaches are a bike ride away.
The inn is staffed by kilt wearing man and women. They are very service oriected. It is a boutique hotel meaning no restaurant on s-ite but they do have breakfast in the am with omelet station and dining is everywhere all around.
The room was large for a double queen with lovely marble bath with double doors. We are picky but were pleased.
We have two boys 5 and 7 and they were welcomed although not a kids' place it is kid friendly.
the boys loved the pool...we rented tandem bikes and rode a few miles along the beach.
Too may porpoise to count! Gators...geckos. Little boy heaven.
We will return. Although there are many villas to rent. I like hosuekeeping and no shopping errands/dishes. So prefer hotel.
The tennis will bring us back as we would like to take advantage of the clinics.

• Stayed: May 2007
4  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed November 6, 2006

wonderful place. We had a room looking over the golf course, and were right on the golf course. The rooms are large as are the bathrooms, there was free wireless internet, free bicycles and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Would definitely come back here again. The staff were great. Breakfast was not included in the package. Great place .....

Stayed: October 2006
4  Thank sthaks
Reviewed August 22, 2006

If you do not want to stay at a large resort teeming with cheesy tourists and screaming children, but prefer a well-run, tasteful hotel---this is the place for you. We wanted someplace smaller, that paid attention to the fine details, such as fine linens, great service, roomy accomodations, etc. The Inn at Harbour Town far exceeded our expectations for the price.

The room was large and the bathroom was huge with a wonderful soaking tub in addition to the shower. The bed was divine with oh so comfortable linens. With fitness room, a.m. coffee and tea, very gracious staff, we felt like we were very pampered.

Also, the Inn allows you complimentary use of their bikes, the pool, tennis center (right outside the door), and discounts on area restaurants.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank jenlats
Reviewed August 22, 2006

Definitely stay at the Inn at Harbour Town! It's a wonderful little hotel and there's so much to do at the resort. We will definitely be going back...maybe even for our honeymoon.

3  Thank managanm
Reviewed May 4, 2006

If you are looking for a quiet, stress-free, romantic vacation... look no further! I took my boyfriend here for his 26th birthday last October and the whole experience is one we will never forget!! I called ahead to ask them to decorate the room for his birthday, and when we walked in the door to our room it was filled with birthday balloons and flowers. As soon as we sat down, someone knocked on the door and it was the butler with a cake! The views from the room were amazing (I would reccommend staying on the 3rd floor for the views). The next morning, we were able to actually see the view, since the area gets so pitch black at night we couldn't see anything! The breakfast was delicious - omellettes made to order, and we were lucky because they included free breakfast with our room rate! We have stayed in Hilton Head many times before at different locations, but this is definitely the place to go for a special romantic get-a-way. There are no restaurants too close by (except a golf course clubhouse), but that is the perfect beauty of it! You are alone, with your parter, and no distractions! A great place to re-connect with one another and nature. And, there are English butlers on every floor! WOW! What a great memory! Make your reservations now, and get ready to relax totally and completely. Spend your days bike-riding (we did!), take a short ride to the beach and have a picnic, or just rock in one of the rocking chairs on the back patio while listening to the birds chirp.

I especially loved this visit, as it was at the end of October and the Island was very empty of tourists. The room price was great! The ocean breezes were so clean and cool in the evening, and in the day it got sunny and warm enough for a trip to the beach! I will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: October 2005