Review Highlights
Once in a lifetime place to play some golf

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $119.00
from $29.95
from $35.00
More Info
All reviews fore caddie cart path pro shop in great shape rbc heritage tight fairways pros play pete dye the men's locker room great test bucket list bag drop tee shots finishing hole blue tees sea pines tee boxes
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Bring your A game for this amazing course. The first tee is extremely intimidating. The fairway is no more than 40 yards wide the entire way down to the green. There are a lot of intimidating tee shots on this course. Every hole presents a new set of challenges. A lot of dog legs and the need to shape your shots off the tee and into the green are a must. It is an amazing course but be prepared, there is a lot of water. A lot of the greens are very small and surrounded by water. If you are a 20 handicap or less, this is a must play. Even at that level you can enjoy the beauty and have a good time. The blues play 6500 yds and a slope rating of 144...….yes 144. I'm a 16 handicap and the fore caddie said that I would not enjoy my day if we played from the blues. We played from the white tees and it was everything I could have wanted from a challenge perspective. The 18th hole is considered the most challenging finishing hole in the entire state. I had a 170 yard shot over the water/swamp coming into the final hole and just caught the front of the green. Missed a birdie put by burning the edge. Finished with a par. You will see how impressive that is when you go play it. Amazing course and a must check off the list.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

Our husbands played the course in the afternoon and we met them there in the evening and the whole experience was wonderful from start to finish. They really couldn't do enough for us. The facilities are second to none, and they went beyond our expectations to make it a special day, from the young caddie to the waiting staff in the restaurant that evening.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

This place is the prototypical haughty and overdone golf experience. I golf occasionally, and have a high handicap. I was open to golfing from the gold rather than white tees on the caddies advice, even though distance of shots is not why I’m a bad golfer. The other guys in the foursome golfed white, and the lady who didn’t look like she golfed often at all hit from the reds. I’ve golfed poorly at other overpriced resorts, and with caddies as well. I usually just take it in stride, and submit the card to keep my handicap nice and high at my home country club. The “grass” at this country club is the classic south Florida or sandy area weed like variety that mats the ground. It’s hard to hit off. The fairways aren’t much better than the rough. There is minimal rough here, but you can hit out of the waste areas as much as you’d like. The caddies weren’t overly helpful with statements like “this green is always slower than the others” AFTER hitting my 20 foot putt 5 feet when it would have went twenty on the green before. There were two caddies for two walkers and two in carts. They lope the bags for the walkers, so not much use for the guys in carts. You are still expected to tip about $50 for the service though. To keep on schedule they rush your play. Our foursome golfed in 3.5h, so it’s not like we were playing slowly. Even though I’m a bad golfer, I like to play by the rules. At one point, the caddie stopped my ball from rolling into the bunker with his foot. That’s insulting because apparently I’m not good enough to hit a ball out of their pristine bunkers. This is the worst $400 I’ve ever spent on a round of golf. We were considering a family trip back to Hilton head for family golfing, but after my solo exercise experience here the is no way in hell.

1  Thank Josh S
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Harbour Town Golf Links at Sea Pines - some of the best golf you'll play. A great Course that host the RBC Heritage Tournament. Great facilities for golf and meetings; we did both. The food is great and make sure you stay at The Inn at Harbour Links.

Reviewed August 15, 2018

You know it is a top course so you know it will cost. Get over it and go. Conditions were excellent. Well maintained but not so much I was afraid to take a divot. Caddie, Guy, was one of the best I have ever had. He knew my game in 3 holes and we did great together. Wasn't as punishing as I thought it might be. You can miss a shot and get away with it some times, unlike some other top courses. Pace of play was outstanding but didn't feel rushed (4 hrs 15 minutes). Try that at Pebble Beach!

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Annual guys golf outing and we decided to give Hilton Head a try. Harbour Town is top notch course - well conditioned, interesting holes, good caddies and the 18th is just iconic. August is a bit hot so you may want to try cooler time of the year.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

If you are a golfer this is a must play! Professionalism from start to finish. During your round you'll feel like you're a PGA tour player. Walking down the 18th Fairway with the lighthouse as your backdrop, you can't help but think of all the past PGA players that have played before you.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

We arrived as a large group, staying in the villas right next to the Harbour Town clubhouse. The villas are a fantastic way to go, as they are well done, interiors are dated but just what you need, and located in walking distance to the clubhouse. I will say the TV and internet were a little spotty in a couple of the villas, but complaints to the staff was responded to immediately.

The course Harbour Town course was incredible. Everything was in perfect shape, the course is championship quality, and holes 13- 18 are one of the best 6 hole stretches I've ever played. The staff was friendly, cart service was good, and the course was not too crowded. I have heard it can get more crowded during the late spring to summer, so I guess we caught it just before. We had breakfast each morning in the clubhouse restaurant, which was very good.

Overall, this is an ideal place for a dedicated golf trip, totally worth the price and the sometimes difficult travel plans to get there.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

We had our own room which was very nice. The food was excellent, our server was very attentive, Molly made sure all was going well and the birthday cake was the best that I have ever tasted.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

If you golf and you come to Hilton Head Island you have to play this course. The conditions are absolutely perfect. I walked with a caddie and it was a great experience. Greens, Fairways, and bunkers were just as you would expect for a PGA tour course. The staff was very helpful and friendly.