“Retro candy selection” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 34 Shopping in Hilton Head
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 2012, Hilton Head Candy Company is proud to be the sweetest spot on Hilton Head Island. Featuring nostalgic favorites dating back to the 1920s to today's hottest products, Hilton Head Candy has something for everyone. We personally invite you to step through our doors and become a kid in a candy store - no matter what age you are!You'll find us at Coligny Plaza - Hilton Head's downtown! We're conveniently located next to the Shell Shop.
Atlanta, Georgia
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Retro candy selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The store had a large selection of retro candy or candy not readily available in the US any longer. So if you are 30-35+ you will probably be taken on a walk down memory lane. However, I was disappointed that there was not more homemade candy.

Visited June 2014

Hilton Head, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The owners are fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stopped in here after visiting the Island for my final job interview. I decided to celebrate by picking up some candy. The owners were fantastic, letting me sample the taffy and helping me figure out what types of candy would be best to be brought back to treat my family. I let them know I would soon be moving to the island and they let me know where I should be looking. They didn't have to go out of their way to help me, but they went above and beyond. I walked out with a ton of candy at a surprisingly fair price and a good taste of Southern Hospitality. I'll be returning for the AMAZING homemade salted caramel popcorn and to support a local business with amazing owners.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank OceanBreathesSalty
Hilton Head, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's Sweet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

If you want something sweet, this is the place to visit. They have an amazing selection to choose from, whether you want taffy, fudge, gummies, retro candy, and sooooo much more. My son chose the Harry Potter jelly beans, and I will tell you that they honestly taste just like the box says, it was pretty amazing. My other son, went to super sour gummy sea life animals and I got a bag of taffy, which was the best taffy I've ever eaten. It was hard to share. In addition to all the delicious candy choices is a super fun and pleasant staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We can't wait to go back again soon.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kim G
Miami, Florida, United States
“sugar rush”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

they have a amazing selection of candy there from all eras and they let you sample some of them too. the guy that works there is a blast to talk to about the candies they have since he knows some of the histories of them. very friendly. they have prebagged and you can also do by the pound mixes of your own.

Visited June 2013
hilton head SC
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun place for kids...and adults”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was such a SWEET place to visit. The decor and little buckets they hand you to get your candy is reminiscent of an old fashioned candy store. Their candy is high quality, unique hand made items and items you do not find on the candy aisle in grocery stores. The staff is friendly, fun and very helpful, especially to kids who have a "candy budget". A must visit

Visited August 2013