“Wow, a Gramercy Park restaurant in HHI”
Review of Vine

Vine
Ranked #13 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Well we finally made it to Vine. We missed visiting on a couple of trips to HHI. We made our reservation 2 months in advance to score a table for 4. The restaurant is very, very small so seating is limited. Outdoor seating, weather permitting, helps squeeze a few more in.

The restaurant is reminiscent of a great find in Greenwich Village, Gramercy Park or a small bistro in Paris. Tables close together and there is a great vibe. There was great live music (Jazz) outside and piped in to the restaurant.

We were greeted and seated warming by Harry (like Potter) who went over the appetizers. We were served by Eddie who went over the dinner specials. There is a full bar and fantastic (and reasonable) wine list. Harlan ($1,200) is even on the wine list (but not for everyday consumption!) Steve runs the show a was a gracious host. We were very happy to share our 2003 Della Valle with him.

The food is farm to table fresh. for appetizers we had a caprese stack unlike any other. The bruschetta was also outstanding. Both were melt in your mouth fresh. Truffle fries were over the top.

For the main course, we had the pasta special with summer truffles, veal Milanese and scallops. Everything was exceptional and prepared beautifully. Even my (relatively picky) daughters loved everything. The tiramisu was a perfect closing.

All in all a tremendous dining experience. We will make sure we have a reservation for Vine every time we visit HHI. This restaurant clearly compares to the top restaurants we eat in in NYC!

1  Thank Handman

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I (and 3 of our friends) vacationed in Hilton Head last week and had a blast. Of course we did "touristy" things like visiting the Salty Dog Cafe (which was fun! Good frozen drinks). We planned a big dinner out for our "splurge night" and heard rave reviews about Vine. AH-MAH-ZING! Their cocktails looked good - my friend got their blackberry lavender martini and raved about it and I my husband loved their wine selection (he had a Pinot Noir). Let's start with apps - the beet and strawberry cobbler with flash fried feta was to die for (sweet but not TOO sweet and totally decadent) and our friends ordered the caprese salad that has 25 year old balsamic and crystalized basil- what?! Absolutely divine. Between the 5 of us we had the Vegetarian Orzo (creamy and delicious), the Bento Box (heard it was amazing - couldn't have the raw fish b/c I'm pregnant, but heard it was insane), Truffle Pasta and Pear and Gorgonzola Ravoli...wonderful dishes. Steve (one of the owners I think) visited our table and explained the menu beautifully! He was awesome AND his wife makes the desserts, this woman is artful with her desserts. Lemon cake was super fresh and light, so refreshing. Our servers Dolce and Lawson (and Danielle) were AWESOME. Don't think I've ever received such incredible prompt service anywhere - it totally made the experience. We sat on the patio (which is better - inside is very small and cozy, I needed open air!). I wish I could give Vine 10 stars, it was serioulsy that good. We will absolutely be back. MAKE A RESERVATION AHEAD OF TIME...like way ahead :)

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Seven of us had dinner on the outside terrace. The service was impeccable, our server being charming, professional and attentive. The meal itself matched the service. Several of us had the line caught black grouper which was excellent. The wine list was interestingly varied and reasonably priced. However, an inexpensive evening it was not.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Again so good. Every course is excellent especially the service and attention to detail.
A must for great food!

1  Thank TjFromPA1
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Vine would not only survive BUT stand out in NYC! The Restaurent is small and noisey (noisey because everyone is enjoying themselves so much) and dark (aka romantic) and that is as "negative" as my comments are likely to get.
For the sake of brevity let me say that every coarse was extrordinary. Our server was a delight and the cost , had we been in NYC ,would have been a bargin at twice the price. We shared the evning with good friends and the husband was a sommelier and he found a wonderful red at a very reasonable price ...delicious!!!!
I have had duck at outstanding restaurents all over the globe and this was second to none. Make this a stop on your visit to Hilto Head Island. You will thank me!