“Great things come in small packages!”
Review of Vine

Vine
Ranked #7 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a dark cramped restaurant located in a strip mall in Coligny Plaza. Our music loud, the lighting uncomfortably low ,making it hard to read your menu, large taper candles provide minimal illumination and drip on your table. The staff will explain our dishes and ingredients in excruciating detail, and outdoor seating is in a parking lot with a view of NOTHING. Service is sub standard on a good night and our food ordinary at best. If this sounds appetizing then we would love you to join us for a memorable culinary journey. Our Chefs have lived throughout the world, our 400+ bottle wine list is almost all small boutique and rated wines. We work as a team and take pride in meeting and exceeding every guests expectation. Dress is club casual and no children under 14 PS we are not an Italian Restaurant!!
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great things come in small packages!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Vine is a treasure even though it is a very SMALL treasure. We have taken 3 sets of guests there and all have loved it. The kale salad and beet salad are hard to BEAT! I love the large pork osso bucco and have figured out it is better to share so there is still room for dessert. Steve, the owner, is incredibly knowledgeable about the food and the wines. A perfect cozy place but the small space and noise level can be problematic. The food more than makes up for the negatives.

• Arabic first
Virginia
“Wonderful evening and meal.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Firstly, this is a small, intimate restaurant with the emphasis on intimate! The tiny table outside that we were given, at first felt like we were intruding on the couple next to us. It actually turned out great as we started chatting away and had a great conversation with them! We didn't have a reservation when we rolled up at 7.30pm, ( the place was pretty busy which should tell you something) however the owner was very polite and accommodating and we were offered an outside table for 45 mins later which was fine with us. The vibe of this place is wonderful. There was a duo of live music adding to the ambience and although it was Oct and a little chilly, the heat lamps offset this beautifully. Our waiter was great, the little chap who filled our water was sweet and attentive. I always appreciate when restaurants bring bread before your chosen food, as this place did. Being set in an outside mall, you are effectively in a car park and yet it didn't really matter. It might bother some people but not my husband and I as we were very wrapped up in each other! There was a comment about it not being kid friendly. No it is not and I don't think it is meant to be. It is small and cosy and romantic. A place, I would suggest, for a small group of adults or couples wanting a romantic evening. The food was very good, especially the soup of the day which was a mushroom soup. Creamy and delicious! There seemed to be many locals eating here which again should tell you what you need to know. I imagine locals don't come back if it's no good or not a great experience. Just my observation. We stayed at the beach house which was within walking distance, just around the corner and so did not need to worry about driving which was great. As is always my complaint, they could have filled the wine glass at $9 a little higher... It is a little pricey, especially after tips but I would say well worth it. If we lived here it would probably be a once a month date night treat for us for sure. Although from hearing a few passing conversations, I would enquire about the fact you can bring your own wine and pay a corkage fee. Something we might have taken advantage of. I hope all this helps but I will say, we would certainly come back here. We had a great ending to a perfect day x

Waterloo, Canada
“Somewhat over rated.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Food was excellent. Dinner drinks came after entre had been served. Did not have wine and felt ignored as a result. Bartender spent time explaining wine to clients at bar while ignoring our signature martinis, this is why drinks were late. Very cramped, but again food was very good. Sit on patio and be more relaxed.

7 Thank robert s
Steve8009, Manager at Vine, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
We thank everyone for their comments and suggestions to assist us in our genesis towards constant improvement. We are a family run locals restaurant, we do not advertise, are not listed in the phone book and have never sought a rating. We consider Vine a dining room within our home and invite our guests to enjoy a family dining experience where every member of our team excerts their hearts and souls each day to create a memorable experience.

Our menu will never please every palate, but is aimed toward the adventurous foodie that seeks unique flavors and superior quality over "main street" cuisine.We source our produce from local farms and search the world over for unique items in efforts to create constant evolution The space is small and cramped like most European and New York "Village" restaurants-- expect to be bumped!

Hilton Head is home to many incredible restaurants offering a wide range of cuisine and all should be experienced for what they are and not for their rating in social media.
Danbury
“Good food, good company”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We went to Vine based on the #1 rating on Trip Advisor. Was expecting a religious experience so given the expectations I am pleased to report we are believers but not apostles. Many of the food preparations were unique and surprising. Never thought I would eat let alone like the leek salad but it was recommended and was quite pleasing in texture and taste and I would order it again. The sea scallops were cooked medium rare, juicy and flavored to perfection. But not all was perfect or I would have given Vine 5 circles. The halibut was just okay. Otherwise the other participants enjoyed their spaghetti squash, veal, osso bucco, etc. Nice wine list. Excellent musical duo playing outside. The atmosphere, the interaction with the staff and owner with our group helped make the evening enjoyable. A little costly but worth it. We will go back next time we are on HHI.

2 Thank Bob M
“Our favorite dinner during our stay”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

First of all, don't believe the negative reviews. This tiny restaurant was recommended to us by the waitress at another place. We called the automated reservation line and left a message. The owner (Steve) called me back within a half hour and set us up with a table. Upon arrival there was live music on the patio and every one of the tables was full. We waited only 15 min before being seated. The menu was tremendous. Some traditional items but many specialties. The waitress (Nicole) was well versed on both the wine list as well as the menu items and nightly specials. She also informed us of the restaurants goal to use only fresh local produce. Teresa settled on the fresh Alaskan halibut for her main course and I had the veal chop. Both were cooked perfectly and the chefs sauces complimented the meats to a tee. We sopped up every bit with the freshly baked bread. For dessert I ordered the bacon sundae. Homemade vanilla ice cream with real maple syrup, fresh whipped cream and crispy bacon crumbles. I know what your thinking but the combo of sweet and salty was amazing. So I would say, don't even consider the bad reviews as being worth the read. This place was by far our favorite restaurant in Hilton Head. Thanks Steve and Nicole for a wonderful dinner!