“GREAT!”
Review of Vine

Vine
Ranked #7 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a dark cramped restaurant located in a strip mall in Coligny Plaza. Our music loud, the lighting uncomfortably low ,making it hard to read your menu, large taper candles provide minimal illumination and drip on your table. The staff will explain our dishes and ingredients in excruciating detail, and outdoor seating is in a parking lot with a view of NOTHING. Service is sub standard on a good night and our food ordinary at best. If this sounds appetizing then we would love you to join us for a memorable culinary journey. Our Chefs have lived throughout the world, our 400+ bottle wine list is almost all small boutique and rated wines. We work as a team and take pride in meeting and exceeding every guests expectation. Dress is club casual and no children under 14 PS we are not an Italian Restaurant!!
hunterdon county nj
“GREAT!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Wonderful new restaurant on HHI - GREAT and creative food - have to order the Kale Salad (yes, kale). The atmosphere is homey and relaxed, nice wine list, and a GREAT host/owner. Don't miss this is you visit HHI - make sure to reserve ahead.

Visited September 2012

• Arabic first
Vestal
“Terrific experience”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our evening was fine dining at it's best. We were there at 5 when the doors opened for the evening and were greeted & seated by staff that obviously take pride in their establishment, their use & support of local farms & their outstanding cuisine. The small dining room felt warm & intimate. Our server was very knowledgable, attentive and friendly. The owner circulated among the guests and made us feel welcome and well taken care of. The food was outstanding. The flavors, the preparation & presentation were all excellent. We are only sorry that our vacation won't allow us to return before we leave! Next year, it will be our first stop.

Atlanta GA
“Extraordinary Dining”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Advanced reservations are a must for this small restaurant. We reserved our table slightly longer than a month. Upon arrival we found our table was next to the receptionist's desk. Not being pleased we were assured by the owner that we would have a pleasurable experience or the dinner was on him. He was right! The food was fresh and and delicious, the service was perfect and for good measure we were poured another bottle of wine that we had selected on the house.
This is not an inexpensive restaurant but we are already planning the next visit.

Brentwood, Tennessee, United States
“"My New Favorite Place"”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

What a gem! I was visiting HHI solo in September and popped my head in as I was passing by; just to check it out. I was determined to take myself out to a fabulous place. Vine was not open, but the owner, who was there prepping for the evening, kindly made me a reservation for a party of one at the bar for that evening. All other tables were taken. Well...the bar experience is not to be missed.
The restaurant is TINY so be ready to make friends with everyone! This is not a quiet, romantic dining experience, but an energetic, friendly, fun place. My dinner at the bar was excellent. The bartenders, waitstaff, chef and owner made me feel like I was family.
When my boyfriend joined me a week later, we returned to Vine, sitting at the bar again as I actually prefer it to the "cozy" tables. This is now one of HIS favorite HHI spots as well. We met one of the bartenders from another local restaurant (who was dining at the Vine bar). You know it's a great place when the locals dine there! (Then we ate at the aforementioned bartender's restaurant the next night...fabulous as well.)
That's the end of my massive missive.
Try it!

• Visited September 2012
Damascus, Maryland USA
“Top 5 Dining in Life!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Last night we dined at Vine. In a word, WOW! Good things come in small packages. This is a true "find". We met the owner, Steve, who treated us like gold the entire evening. We started with a lavendar martini, yum. The kale salad is one of the best salads I've ever eaten. The four of us had the grouper (off the charts), halibut, my ravioli was to die for, and my husband's osso buco, made him very happy. I can't say enough good about this restaurant. We've been coming to HH for years and always frequent our favorites and try a new one. Vine will be on the constant list for years to come. I can't wait to tell my friends about it, but at the same time, I don't want it to be so popular that we can't get a reservation! (Selfish, I know :) I spent last week, eating my way through Charleston. . and will do the same here in HH this week. I can't believe that I'll find another place this fabulous. I can't wait to go back again. When you wake up in the morning thinking about what you ate the night before, you know it was a home run. Thanks, Steve, we'll be back!!