“Fried chicken!! Comfortable, friendly atmosphere...definite go”
Review of Annie O's Kitchen

Annie O's Kitchen
Ranked #68 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We've been going to Hilton Head a long time and have our tried and true restaurants. This year we decided to try a couple of new ones and fortunately Annie O's was one we picked - the food was great (I loved the friend chicken) and it's a comfortable place to eat with family (had our 4 and 2 year old sons with us). I'd definitely recommend it.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went to Annie O's to have traditional New Year dinner. The roast pork, fried chicken, black-eyed peas, collard greens and cornbread were all excellent. And the fried green tomatoes were super. Prices very good. Perfect break from upscale food at other HH locations.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Been to this place a couple times,always good! I'm a local chef on hilton head, and I eat out a lot .i took my mom in for dinner tonight were both southern to the core and the food is the real deal! Pleasant service and honest food, nothing fancy or pretentious just good. If you want to experience real southern cuisine in HH go to Annie o's

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal! My daughter had the tomato pie, my son-in-law had the sweet potato ravioli, my husband had the fried chicken, and I had roasted pork with cabbage and black eyed peas for New Years day! The atmosphere was very relaxed, service was great! I would definitely recommend this place and will go back.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

After seeing a write-up about Annie O's in Taste magazine, it quickly became my top pick for trying during this year's Hilton Head visit. Annie O's has a great menu--meatloaf, crab cake, tomato pie, friend chicken, coconut cream pie, and many others. They also offer a full bar.

I had the Tomato Pie which was delicious. It was a custardy, quichey, cheesy mixture which came with a side salad. I tasted a companion's meatloaf which was yummy, and another companion shared a delicious piece of fried green tomato with me. After all of this, I didn't make it around to trying the coconut cream pie. Oh, but we did have the pimento cheese and biscuits as an appetizer. Those biscuits were delicious, southern perfection.

I enjoyed the atmosphere, as well. Johnny Cash and Kenny Rogers played on the stereo while we ate, and the bright restaurant is decorated with burlap curtains and ceilings.

My overall rating would have been an excellent if it weren't for the wait, though. It was a long wait for the food and the ticket, and I noticed that others in the restaurant were waiting, too. The waitstaff was friendly, but unfortunately, the long wait really does knock down the rating. Having said that, I'll close by saying that I would definitely go back again.