“Best bang for the buck!”
Review of Annie O's Kitchen

Annie O's Kitchen
Ranked #70 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Best meal on HHI. The fried chicken is amazing! Everything else was good too. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try this place after reading all the rave reports.
We were terribly disappointed. We both ordered Mama's Chicken, expecting something out of this world - for $11! Greasy and salty but the chicken was moist and tasty. I had fried green tomatoes and squash casserole. Both were pretty good. My husband got Suzie's Potatoes and black eyed peas. The potatoes were a hashbrown casserole. Ok but Cracker Barrel's are better! The peas were so-so (could have been out of a can!). Hubby also ordered one of their $1 biscuits and it didn't come out Til his meal was almost over! Then it was dry and bland.
I don't know where these people who've rated this place so favorable are from. We're from Georgia and have tasted much better!! My mother-in-law could have put these people to shame!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Annie O's was a lot of fun.... My husband and I had the fried chicken platter that comes with two sides. I had Fried green tomatoes and the potato hash. It was good but we couldn't finish it. The kids had the chicken and biscuit ( no gravy). We were so full we couldn't eat dessert and brought food home. Most of the tables brought food home. Note from reading the menu the chicken is batter-fried in buttermilk. This is yummy but one of our kids is a fried chicken junkie but lactose intolerant. He was able to survive and enjoy his chicken by taking 2 lactaid. He said any mild discomfort he had was worth it!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I ordered the crab cake sandwich, my husband the pork shoulder and my son the fried chicken. I had gotten the crab cake sandwich in the past and was looking forward to it again. Unfortunately, it was not as good as the previous time. I had too little crab this time. I wish I ordered what my husband ordered. It looked so much better. My son and husband were very happy with their meals.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We got take-out from Annie O's on our last night at the beach. I unfortunately got the shrimp and grits, which were nearly inedible. Luckily, my husband got the fried chicken. And luckily, it was enough for two. The fried chicken was some of the best I'd ever had. He had a side of grits that were great too. So it must have been what they added to te shrimp and grits that made them so bad.

1  Thank Lorifgreer