“Great Home Cooking on Hilton Head Island”
Review of Annie O's Kitchen

Annie O's Kitchen
Ranked #69 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a charming little restaurant off the beaten path on Hilton Head Island. The food is made from fresh ingredients, which I really like. I have eaten almost everything on the menu at least once and it is all high quality with highly thought out recipes. I really enjoy the catch of the day specials. Each is unique with seasonal fresh fish and produce. This is a must try restaurant on the island that is easily the least expensive by half compared to any competitor. My most recent trip I had the fresh catch of the day, corn meal mahi with creamy rice and arugula salad. Yum.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have eaten at Annie O's several times. The food is really good and the portions are generous. Plan on spending some time there, as it does take a while longer to prepare the food, but the wait is worth it. The fried chicken is excellent, as well as many of the "home-cooked" entrees. It makes for a fun evening!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

After a long day at the beach, we decided to do carry out from Annie O's. I always like to see how other people rate restauraunts at HH and this one had some great marks...We decided to try the fried chicken with Susie's potatoes and vinegar slaw. The chicken was super crunchy, just how we like it, but lacked in flavor. I think if the chicken had more of the hot sauce taste that it is marinated in, it would have been super.
The Susie potatoes are like cheesy potatoes that my kids absolutely love. So, needless to say, the potatoes did not last long. If you like the taste of vinegar slaw, this side went well with the potatoes and chicken, also very good. Wish we would have ordered a biscuit on the side to go along with the dinners. We shared a piece of coconut cream pie for dessert. Overall, the meal was well priced, good portions, and very tasty. Now, it's time for a long bike ride. Would recommend. B+

Reviewed July 16, 2013

After eating seafood all week at HHI we were ready for something different. Annie O's serves up Southern comfort food with a kick. The tomato pie and salad was more like a quiche but delicious, served along with a salad. Three of us used it as an appetizer. I had the chicken on a biscuit, another devoured the shrimp and grits and another had the fried chicken plate. The chicken plate had a large serving consisting of a drumstick, breast, and thigh along with two sides. This was truly enough for two people so half of it was taken home for later. Overall the food was offered at a great value. The chicken biscuit dish and tomato pie dish were only around $8 each. Three of us ate for $45.

Food was great, interior was homey and comforting and service was attentive and friendly. Will definitely put this on the rotation while in HHI.

1  Thank TheSkipperNC
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is not only one of the best southern restaurants I've ever tried, but it's also one of the best restaurants around over all. I ordered the meatloaf w/pimento cheese melted over it. It was awesome to say the least. Susie's potatoes was one of my sides and it reminded me so much of my grandmother's smothered potatoes. Ask for a bit of honey that drizzle over it. Sounds weird, but just give it a try. GREAT hidden gem.

1  Thank thewifeandioncation