“A pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Annie O's Kitchen

Annie O's Kitchen
Ranked #71 of 361 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our concierge recommended Annie O's so we decided to give it a try, glad we did. We started our meal with an eggroll as the appetizer, delicious. I had the catch of the day which was cornmeal dusted Mahi Mahi sitting on cheese grits, topped with fresh arugula & yellow tomato. I had a side choice, I took the veggie of the day which was basil summer squash, all my choices were delicious. My hubby had the shoulder pork meal, generous portion, moist and tender, he thoroughly enjoyed it. We rounded out our meal with a piece of key lime & chocolate chip pies, lick the plate good. Prices are budget friendly, portions are good sized and scratch made to order dishes to boot, can't beat it. Our super cute & efficient waitress was Hannah. Thanks Hannah for the great service.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Very tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I tried Annie O's for the first time with a friend that was visiting and had a great experience. The steak and fish were both cooked perfectly and the service was friendly. I would recommend Annie O's to anyone.

Visited June 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Good food, super friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

It was a very good dining experience. I had the Chicken and biscuit blackened style with red peppers, it was served on a blue cheese sauce. The chicken was moist and tasty, the blue cheese sauce was zesty. The staff was super friendly. I have visited Hilton Head Island several times, and had not eaten at Annie O's, but will definitely stop in on our next visit....

New Castle, Indiana
“Well Worth a Try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stopped there a few minutes after 3 o'clock to discover they had just gone to dinner hours and not obliging to my attempt to get a lunch menu. Oh well, we were hungry and had read decent reviews on this site. Our waiter was friendly, efficient and knowledgable while making some good selection recommendations. We started off with wings with a blend of southern sauces served over four tiny waffles as an appetizer. I'm not usually a wings fan but was pleasantly surprised how this combo of flavors worked out. Two family members had The Burger with generous portions of lettuce, tomato, shaved red onions plus a side; one had fries while the other had mac n cheese. Both were above average. I had Mama's fried chicken at $11 that came with two sides (I had Mac & cheese plus Susie's potatoes, the latter a hash brown casserole concoction). This was all tasty and well above average as was my daughter's chicken biscuit for $8 and wife's "catch of the day", Mahi Mahi over a bed of dark greens with a flavorful sauce. Granddaughter's chicken strips were more flavorful than the bland ones she'd gotten at the last two stops. The best was saved for last with dessert, a chocolate pecan pie that had melted dark chocolate chips inside what tasted like homemade southern pecan pie!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Gotta set this one straight...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I usually live off of Trip Advisor rankings but this one boggles the mind. We ate there several months ago on a normal trip in the spring. This place was new to us and worth a try. A southern restaurant with basically NO Southerners working there! Food was ok but nothing to go crazy about.

Fast forward to last week. We stayed on the beach too long and wound up looking to eat at 8pm. Lines were everywhere so we checked out Trip Advisor for something close to us that was highly ranked. Annie O's showed up. My wife and I thought, " lets give it another shot!"

This was our worst experience of all time. Service was very slow and we were basically ignored for about 25 minutes. The food was just OK. They kind of push all of our orders towards the fried chicken. We all ordered it. Good stuff but not a meal to spend one of your 7 nightly meals on in HHI.

I wanted it to be good. It was ok. There were only 50% full which surprised me for a Trip Advisor Top 15 restaurant. This must be a computer glitch. I'd put them about #100 down there. Food is just not that great.

I live in the South and eat southern food weekly. I'd put several meat and 3 places in my area WAY above theirs. Not worthy.

• Visited June 2013