“Felt like I was sitting in my Grandmother's kitchen. A+++”
Review of Annie O's Kitchen

Annie O's Kitchen
Ranked #75 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Tyler, Texas
“Felt like I was sitting in my Grandmother's kitchen. A+++”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved our entire experience. My kids had the chicken fingers off the kids menu with a side of old fashion Mac & Cheese. The portion was huge and my kids ate their entire plate!!! (which is rare.) My husband had the fried catfish served on top of cheese grits and said it was excellent. (He did have them put the peach sauce on the side) I had the fried chicken, which came with a breast, thigh, & leg. The breast was by far the juiciest I have ever had. We also had the coconut cream pie and pecan chocolate chip pie. The coconut cream pie was heavenly!!! My husband even asked if they can ship the whole pies to Texas!!! The pecan chocolate chip pie was very good. I would have preferred it served warm rather than cold. I will definitely be back next time we come to HHI.

• Visited May 2013

Harrisonburg, VA,USA
“Great economical meal”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Returned to Annie O's and was just as pleased as we were on the first visit. Excellent food prepared in the southern traditional way. Prices are really good for the quality of food. Definitely put Annie O's on your list of places to eat in Hilton Head.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Pharmer484
HHI
“Meh.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

In my past experiences, its always helpful to go with the flow. Order fish in a seafood restaurant, order a ribeye in a steakhouse, etc etc.

Meaning if you go to a sushi restaurant and order chicken, then you get what you get. Came to Annie Os for a quick lunch and couldnt decide between the fried chicken or the meatloaf. Unfortunately went with the meatloaf and was served an older, dry, endpiece. It was also lukewarm but thats almost understandable because heating this up further would only dry it out completely. Since the person I was eating with only had 45 minutes for the meal, I didnt send it back.

The other lunch entree served was a crabcake sandwich, which was a much better choice. He said it was great.

Go figure. Southern place screws up meatloaf and does a better job with crabcakes? Damn you common sense!

• Visited April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“You've Gotta Go”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was one of the best meals I've had in MANY MANY months!!! No exaggeration.

I'm not a fan of chain restaurants at all. So when I'm in an unfamiliar city, I try to find and support good local spots. I definitely found one, Annie O's Southern Eats. When you visit, be sure to try the southern eggroll appetizer that's on the menu. It looks like the traditional Chinese eggroll but this one is about the size of a burrito and is filled w/ smoked turkey leg meat, collard greens & hoppin' john. Yeah, it sounded a bit odd to me too, but the combo is amazing!! You'll be extremely pleased with your food, service and value.

Annie O's Southern Eats is on my "Gotta Go" list whenever I'm in the HH area. It's closed on Sundays, though.

• Visited May 2013
“Good Southern Basics”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

A true Southern restaurant with all the basic food elements prepared like mother used to make. The fried chicken smothered in pork gravy was fabulous. Great Mac and cheese and finished with delicious coconut cream pie. Others had very good crab cakes finished with chocolate pecan pie. Service was very good and constant drink refills. The prices were very reasonable and thus one of the best buys on the Island.

Visited May 2013