“Fantastic Shrimp and Grits”
Review of Annie O's Kitchen

Annie O's Kitchen
Ranked #70 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We recently had an early dinner at Annie O's in Hilton Head. My wife had Shrimp and Grits and I tried the Fried Chicken dinner. The chicken was delicious but the shrimp and grits were the best we have ever eaten. The shrimp were large and succulent and the gravy and grits creamy with slivers of bacon. We will return.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

At the recommendation of our waitress, Diane, we went to Annie O's for lunch the following day. We shared the tomatoe pie and southern fried chicken... OMG, it was outstanding. Definitely try the Susie potatoes as a side - they're scrumptious. If this is not tempting; I must admit that we retunred a second time this same week for dinner and tried two additional items; the meatloaf and catfish. We'll be certain to return the next time we're in Hilton Head.... P.S. - What's really cool is Diane works at Annie O's too.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I totally enjoyed my dinner at Annie O's. I had the most yummy fried chicken that I have ever had, with collards and creamy mac and cheese. The portion sizes are huge and the price is very reasonable. The service was outstanding! I will be back!!!!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My son and I both had the Pork Shoulder. Boy was this good!!! The dipping au jus they gave with it really made the dish. He got the mac n cheese and slaw. I got the creamed corn and mac n cheese. My husband got the fried chicken dinner and liked it also. He got the susie o's potatoes and creamed corn. He said it was all good. I think I like the pork best so far here.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Read the reviews and they were all right on. We both had the fried chicken and fried green tomatoes, he had the slaw and I had the potatos.
Everything was excellent, fried green tomatoes were the best I ever had. My husband said the slaw was excellent and the potatos lived up to the praise. Now for the chicken, what can I say, hot, delicious, juicy and plentiful. Annie O's will be top on our list. Don't miss the opportunity to eat there. The waitstaff is attentive and the sweet tea perfect.