“Some of the best food we've ever put in our mouths!”
Review of Annie O's Kitchen

Annie O's Kitchen
Ranked #66 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Liverpool, New York, United States
“Some of the best food we've ever put in our mouths!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We found Annie O's because they were one of the few places (besides fast-food places) open mid-afternoon. Our waiter (from Maine) was super-friendly & more than willing to answer our questions. Service was a little on the slow side but we weren't in a hurry, either.

The Mama's eggroll & fried green tomatoes we shared as appetizers were both tasty. Two of us had the shrimp with cheese grits, which were delicious, but the best entree of our visit was my friend's sweet potato ravioli. Her description: "OMG, it was so good, my eyes rolled back in my head!" I have to agree. It was sweet & buttery & rich...wow!

Sadly, we didn't save room for dessert but they had a scrumptious-sounding Bailey's bread pudding that I hope to try on a return visit.

The portions were ample for the price & the dinner menu is available all day.

We definitely look forward to coming back.

Morristown
“Hidden Find”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great southern cooking. Reasonable prices. I had the fried chicken - the best. Agreat little restaurant that is hidden on Arrow Road. Try it - you will not be disappointed.

Harrisonburg, VA,USA
“good comfort food”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Visited Annie O's for the first time tonight. It is a "down home" restaurant with a lot of choices on the menu. I had the fried catfish over cheese grits and it was really good. I am not usually a grit eater, but these were perfectly prepared and tasted very good. My wife had the shrimp and grits and this dish was very tasty also. For food that makes you remember family dinners, try Annie O's.

• Visited October 2012
Mason, Ohio
“GREAT value for the money”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After reading other reviews, we were anxious to try this restaurant...and it did not disappoint. The portions are VERY generous and the food exceptional. Tasting the pimento cheese took me back to my childhood. Everything was so obviously fresh and homemade. We were greeted sincerely by several staff members and our waitress was exceptionally welcoming and friendly. We were pleasantly surprised when the owner took the time to stop by the table and talk, telling us the history of the restaurant and himself. All in all, this was a wonderful experience. Word to the wise: the restaurant is not on the "beaten path". So...pay close attention to your GPS.

Orlando, Florida
“Great Southern food at AMAZING prices”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Annie O's was a breath of fresh air both in terms of the quality of food and service. The wife enjoyed pork shoulder with creamed corn, greens, and a generous portion of cornbread... ALL HOMEMADE. I chose the buttermilk fried catfish with peach BBQ sauce and a side of the most tasty fried green tomatoes complete with homemade ranch dressing. We began our meal with the egg rolls, which were a nice surprise - chicken, greens, and black eyed peas. Mark was a pleasant server who made sure we had everything we needed. This was our first trip to HHI and Annie O's, and on our (hopefully) many trips back, Annie O's will be our regular stop.