“"Great food, reasonable prices"”
Review of Annie O's Kitchen

Annie O's Kitchen
Ranked #80 of 367 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“"Great food, reasonable prices"”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The menu had many choices with great prices. The service was friendly and helpfull. We ordered the fried chicken and the pork shoulder. I had mac & chz with collards and she had carrots & creamed corn for sides. Everything came out hot and tasted great. Nothing was greasy or to spicy. The total meal with entrees & drinks was perfect for under $40. In Hilton Head it is nice to have a simple meal on the south end of the island with not a long wait in the summer. This restaurant was perfect for what we wanted.

• Visited July 2012

Fisherville, Kentucky
“Fair Fare”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We visited Annie O's last week while we were staying at HHI. I had the fried chicken, creamed corn and hash brown cassrole. The chicken was crispy but wasn't all that tasty. The corn had no flavor and cassrole was ok. My husband had the fish. The food was decent but not anything to go crazy over. The place has a greasy smell when you walk in the door and that was a turn off. The waitress was pleasant and prompt. Our food came quickly. We would return but not get something fried.

• Visited June 2012
Hilton Head
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Service, Mediocre Food”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We heard the food was great but to me it was average at best. Don't expect to get anything healthy there. The fried chicken was okay but no food is worth waiting over an hour for with an incredibly rude waitress. I'd love to give this restaurant a chance but they need to get rid of the blond waitress. The children's burgers were awful, burnt and hard. We will not be back.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank beachlsr
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“This place blows”
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Horrible, horrible place. We had a party with three small children. It took well over an hour from placing the order until we received the food. Not even an apology. Excuse 1 from the rude waitress " it takes 18 minutes to make fried chicken". Well, what about the other 50 minutes. Excuse 2 "this isn't a kids Restuarant". So tell me, why do you have crayons and kids menus. When the food came out one of the kids had a burger burnt to a crisp and as hard as a hockey puck. They weren't even busy. Hilton Head has many excellent restaurants, this isn't one of them. Bad food and bad service equals bad restaurant.

2 Thank Djrbikes
Saginaw, MI
“Good southern cooking affordable prices (mostly)”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The interior of this place was not what I was expecting at all. It's on the smaller side, with the bar set off to the side consuming a large portion of the room. It is located in what seems to be a strip mall, could easily drive by. I ordered "Mama's Chicken" with collard greens and Mac n cheese for my sides. The chicken was good but certainly not the best I've ever had. Supposedly the chicken is soaked in buttermilk and hot sauce. It was crispy but it's a very hard, and heavy coating. The collard greens were the best I've ever had, really they were done perfect. If I lived here I would buy them for take out to serve with my wife's fried chicken. My wife ordered the pork shoulder with creamed corn and potatoes and corn bread. The pork was over seasoned but it was moist, it needed some sauce on it or something, just tasted like it was missing something. The creamed corn was similar to what comes in a can, only this was good. Overall we enjoyed our meals, but we usually only eat out twice while we are on the island and that means I will not return, just because there are several other choices. The children menu meals were over priced drastically for what the kids got. The selection for them was pretty limited and way over priced. 5.00 for ONE CHICKEN LEG and a biscuit. It was not nearly enough food for any of my children ages 7-11. Child drinks were not included in that price. We went at 5pm on a Tuesday and were seated immediately. The food came out very hot, which I appreciated. The service was ok, nothing special and we had to ask several times to have our children's drinks refilled. There is no beer on tap so I enjoyed a Fat Tire which went well with the meal. Personally I think this would be a better take out place. Pick this up for yourself and get pizza for the kids.

• Visited June 2012