“Breakfast was hopping!”

Watusi Cafe
Ranked #48 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are your neighborhood cafe where we make every guest feel completely at home. We use only all natural meats, and all fresh fruits and veggies. We are proud to offer Certified Organic, Fair Trade Coffee from Batdorf and Bronson. We offer fresh made to order Fruit Smoothies and Frozen Coffee drinks. We have available a full breakfast and lunch menu from 7:30-3:00 daily. Serving, benedict, waffles, omelets, freshly baked muffins, bagels, eggs and croissants, eggs sandwhich for breakfast. Serving fresh made to order lunches, to include array of salads and speciality sandwiches. Our friendly staff will serve you whether you choose cozy seating inside or on our beautiful patio outside. Open 7:30 am to 3 pm Daily CLOSED CHRISTMAS DAY
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

Was warmly greeted by Jess and Melanie upon entering- we ordered our coffee drinks and took a two top seat along the side. Service was a little slow onyl because they were hopping with customers! We came in two days in a row because my wife and I loved the food and the personal feel from the staff. I had the Pecan Pie coffee whih was amazing! Never had one before! My wife had a Sand Dollar (vanilla and cinnamon) which she enjoyed as well! I had a breakfast crossaint sandwich with ham, egg and provolone, which was very soft and flaky! The sandwich was definitely fresh which i appreciated. My wife had the Hilton Head scrambler which was good as well. Our second trip we had our scramble order taken incorrectly and they brought out the hilton head when we ordered the high tide. Melanie promptly apologized and took carw of everything for us- truly great customer service- the error was understandable as the place was truly busy! I was happy with how she fixed the issue- and would happily return on our next vacation- thank you tripadvisor people who recommended this spot before we came!

1  Thank Andrew L

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Friendly staff, great food! We went there 5 times in one week -- for smoothies, coffee drinks, and a full breakfast. A great new find in Hilton Head!

islandgirlhhi_11, Owner at Watusi Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to visit trip advisor and our page. We are so happy you enjoyed your visits. We are a local family run café and we appreciate you spreading the word.
Cheryl

Reviewed August 27, 2014

This is a good place and the coffee was excellent .... service was good and I had the breakfast bagel sandwich ... my lovely wife had the belgian waffle with fruit .... all very good and we would go back.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is a hidden gem! Go during the week as I'm sure weekends must be packed! Great service, coffee and food. Fun and funky decor and friendly staff. Had the sticky bun -huge!! Breakfast burrito best on HHI. We will be back.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Thanks to the reviews here, my husband and I made a point of checking out Watusi during our recent visit to Hilton Head and we were not disappointed! It's a rather small shop but has a very comfortable, casual vibe to it. Plenty of parking right out front. Service was quick and friendly. We each ordered a different version of their grilled cheese sandwich with my husband trying the pimento cheese/corn chips as his side and cole slaw for me. Everything was delicious! Would love to go back some time to try breakfast, frozen yogurt or another yummy sandwich!