“Local Lore with A Scenic View”

Harbour Town Lighthouse
Book In Advance
More Info
$135.00*
and up
Hilton Head Island Creek Cat Tour
Ranked #3 of 45 Shopping in Hilton Head
More attraction details
Owner description: Serving as the centerpiece of the Sea Pines Plantation, this lighthouse structure is colored like a candy cane and features a small shop at the top.
Delaware
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Local Lore with A Scenic View”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This lighthouse is an easy climb nestled among a series of small shops. For $3.75 it was a nice 30-40 minute visit. Go right at 10:00am when they open as others have mentioned it is hot inside although they have small fans on each of the landings and the gift shop at the top has air conditioning. There are alot of rocking chairs in the shade around the complex and a public restroom. Parking lots are nearby but closest to the lighthouse its a bit limited.

2 Thank scorpio117

Charlotte, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“HORRIBLE!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

First let me start by saying how HIGHLY disappointed I am. If you are like us, when it comes to the beach and lighthouses, we like to explore. Well, on this particular day, after looking through the Hilton Head website about the lighthouse, we were excited. So we drove 1 1/2 hours to get there from our vacation spot, and what a HUGE let down this was!

Our intention was to go to the lighthouse, climb inside, take pictures and then go to the beach. My husband surfs, so of course we strapped the surfboard to the top of the car so we can go to the beach AWAY FROM the lighthouse. WELL, first of all the only road we could find to get into the lighthouse would take you into some resort area/park, so we would need to pay $5-no problem. Well, we get to the gate, and the guy tells us, "Sir I am sorry, but because you have a surfboard on top of your car, I can not allow you in. You will have to turn around and leave the area immediately". Now, let me just say my husband attempted to tell this guy we ONLY wanted to see the lighthouse, but still no go. So we wasted over 3 hours of our lives on our vacation in an attempt to see a lighthouse that we were denied entry because we had a surfboard strapped to the top of the car. I would also like to point out that the website DOES NOT mention the restrictions in place. If I were you, I would NOT waste my time, energy or money at this place. You will be better off to shoot down to Tybee Island or up to Hunting Island and go into their lighthouses instead.

4 Thank tbower0214
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scenic views designed for tourists”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for historical lighthouses, then keep looking. But this is a cute lighthouse designed to be a tourist stop with nice views of the ocean, the 18th green at Harbour Town and the marina. The are 114 steps up and they are busy with people going up and down, but the observation deck is peaceful. It's largely a gift shop in the sky, but it's a good place to see views if the area.

1 Thank yolosay
Morristown, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A tradition”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Since our kids were young, we always take them to Harbour Town and let them climb to the top and enjoy the view. Although not a real lighthouse just fun to go to the top......

Visited June 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Go at night”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have been to this area of Hilton Head twice before, but this time we went at night. It was so much better and pleasant. Not so hot. Full moon. People strolling. Looking at the BIG boats tied up. Outdoor live music and open bars. Worth doing after a day at the beach.

Visited June 2013