“Great little Italian Restaurant”
Review of Pomodori

Pomodori
Ranked #8 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We are a family of four with two people who don't like fish or seafood. So even though I don't want Italian when at the beach, sometimes it is required. Pomodori did not disappoint. It is a small restaurant tucked at the end of a strip mall off the main road (Hilton Pkwy). The food was fresh and tasty just like our favorite place in Chicago. They have a great wine list with a good selection of wines by the glass. They do not have a kids menu but will split a full serving between 2 kids if asked. Definitely worth a visit if you need a change of scenery from the seafood restaurants but don't want to visit one of the chains.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We found this restaurant purely by accident! It is an unassuming little place in a strip center with a mattress store, a pizza place, a pet supply store, etc.... You've really got to look for it! Reservations are a MUST as we showed up without any and were told they had nothing until 2 days later!!! We thought that if that were the case it must be quite good! We made our reservations for 2 days later and we really enjoyed our meal! This is NOT for you if you are interested in grabbing a quick bite - the servers do not rush you and they allow you to linger! I had il Pollo Francese which was one of the best chicken dishes I have ever had! My husband had an Italian sausage special and he said it was excellent. Our kids had the Penne alla Vodka and there were no complaints!! This is a charming little restaurant with absolutely delicious food!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We dined at Pomodori at the suggestion of a friend and we loved the food. It's a small place so make a reservation. They have both inside and outside seating. The gnocchi was some of the best I have ever eaten....soft pillows of goodness in a marinara sauce that was super fresh and simple. Ordered meatballs on the side and they were divine. Hubby had a special ravioli dish that he really enjoyed. Service was professional. When visiting Hilton Head again, would love to return to dine here!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

You can taste, the food is fresh and of outstanding quality. As an italian myself I can tell what is a good sugo and pasta dish. The sauces are all authentic and pasta cooked 100% perfect. great wine selection and reasonable prices for food and wine. The only minus I found is the espresso, too sour and watery, I guess the right coffee maschine is missing. I will return for sure.

1  Thank TravellerIntfirst
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

So amazing. Server was awesome, wine was great and food was close to perfection. The scallops abs arugula app was super light and cooked perfect. The meatball entree and orzo chicken were both amazing. We couldn't stop eating!!! Can't wait to go back!!