“Great food, drinks, and surroundings”
Review of Ruan Thai Hut

Ruan Thai Hut
Ranked #159 of 378 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This restaurant is away from the crowds of HHI, so there was no wait. The building is charming outside, with whitewashed brick and patio seating. Inside is beautiful, yet simple and comfortable. Our server was personable, helpful and attentive. Wine was excellent, as was the Thai iced tea. Chicken satay and coconut shrimp appetizers were very good. My husband had the crispy duck with a honey mustard sauce, which was very good, but just a tad too sweet. I had the steamed seafood basket, medium spicy, and it was perfection. We skipped dessert because they did not have the main ingredient of the item we selected (bananas). Overall really enjoyable. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Diana I

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Il we tried Ruan Thai for the first time the other day and I have absolutely no complaints. I had the beef Thai Ginger with A spring roll and it was amazing. I'm ready to go back again. Plus they have four locations. There's always one in the vicinity.

1  Thank HHILocalGirl
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We really enjoy Thai food and were a bit skeptical choosing it here on Hilton Head. It was really excellent! We went to the hut and thought it was ideal..food was the best..clean and sparkling restaurant and priced very nicely. We are here for a week and plan on going back again!

1  Thank WeRFamily04
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Well decorated, scrumptious food, elegant but not too....so, it's comfortable. The "go to" restaurant for our families birthday parties.... Ruan is one of the best Thai restaurants I have eaten in---including in Thailand. Very clean, excellent service (a family run restaurant with friends and relatives all working together. Everything I love about Thai food...and Thailand, on Hilton Head.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great selection, great service, delightful atmosphere, and wonderful food beautifully presented. Parking was a bit of a problem but we figured it out and were glad we did!