“Roaches!”

Los Jalapenos
Ranked #187 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I went one evening late and enjoyed a cheap and decent meal. We decided to go back on another occassion for drinks and appetizers at the bar. Shortly after our food arrived, we saw a roach on the bar crawling on a napkin. I was so disgusted I couldn't eat anymore! When we got up, there was another one at the other end of the bar! I told the bartender and she just said "eww!" Nothing like I am sorry, let me get the manager, let me take something off your bill-nothing. I have been a server for a long time and know that you cannot ignore something like this if you want to stay in business. I don't care how cheap it is, it's not worth eating with bugs!

Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

This is the best choice for authentic Mexican food with great service, prices, and atmosphere. They will prepare fresh guacamole with your choice of ingredients at your table, it is delicious! This is the place to be!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went to HH Island for a walk on the beach with my hubby. We decided to stop in here for a late lunch (around 1:30 pm) since i love mexican food. It was midweek and only a few people inside. My husband loved the salsa and I had the cheese dip. We both had a lunch special and the food was good. Our waitress kept disappearing for long lengths of time troubling.....especially since we were her only customers! Food was just average mexican fare.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went there for an early dinner with friends. Found the surroundings very pleasing ! Bathroom was nice and clean. Got the guacamole (prepared tableside) and it was wonderful. I ordered Carne Asada, others had Enchiladas, Tacos, Tostados and all came VERY much to our liking ! Pleasant visit and we found this little restaurant a pearl and served very authentic Mexican fare ! We will go back !

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I got to visit an old favorite of mine. When I lived behind it, we ate there a lot. I hadn't been back since they closed and reopened. The food was ok. The service was horrible. We even sat at the bar so we should have had much better service. Had to get her to order drinks. Had to ask for a menu... didn't get everything we ordered, and had to ask for silverware. Not impressed...